Windows 10: Cannot open any files on D drive + some files on desktop

Discus and support Cannot open any files on D drive + some files on desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So after the most recent update " 2021-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64 based Systems KB5004945", I now cannot open files on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lokthan, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Lokthan Win User

Cannot open any files on D drive + some files on desktop

So after the most recent update " 2021-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64 based Systems KB5004945", I now cannot open files on my D drive I have a main C drive SSD that holds operating system and some main programs I use and a separate D drive HDD that holds all my other files and programs. When I go to open something on my D drive it states:"Windows cannot find 'D:\Desktop Stuff\files\Capture.PNG' Make sure you types the name correctly, and then try again.On my desktop when I try to open something it states "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Jonah\OneDrive\Desktop\bank

:)

Lokthan, Jul 12, 2021
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 12, 2021
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 12, 2021
  4. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Cannot open any files on D drive + some files on desktop :)

jaydeee, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot open any files on D drive + some files on desktop - Similar Threads - Cannot open files

2. Recovering files on drive D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovering files on drive D: Hi, googling similar problems and watching vids of similar problems for about 5 hours and nothing works. When i open file explorer i literally see in frequent folders a folder from drive D, when i click it it says location is unavailable. Show hidden folders, change letter,...
  3. Files and folders in D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and folders in D drive: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. Can I move, or delete, or rename folders in the D drive without screwinganything up?Mark...
  4. Windows files on D drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows files on D drive: Hello, As the title says I have some random windows files on the D drive that I don't know if I should delete or move (if so where to?). It happened one day when my C drive was out of space and widnows decided to put the update on D. I tried looking for answers but nothing....
  5. Drive D: hidden files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive D: hidden files: I have a query. I reinstalled my Windows 10 system and since that date D drive has seemed empty. But antivirus scanning showed that it has 24 files there. I cannot find what files are there and what they contain. Help me to find what files are there...
  6. Cannot open some files in the photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open some files in the photos app: I have a bunch of photos from 2015-present that were transferred from my old laptop to my Surface go about a year ago. I've been trying to declutter my photos app and make more space, but the majority of my photos are greyed out and when I click on them it says that "We can't...
  7. Cannot open ANY .exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open ANY .exe file: Hi all, Sorry for the style. I’m on my phone. So today I installed Emacs from gnu.org, and opened my first .sml file. Later I tried to open the .sml by double click it and I think I chose Emacs to open it. Then suddenly a console prompts out and it changes all of the...
  8. Cannot open any PDF File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open any PDF File: I upgraded to Microsoft Edge yesterday 9 June. Today I tried to open a PDF file and get the error: Windows cannot find C:\Users\johnb\OneDrive\Desktop\APAM Registration as of 6 June.pdf. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. I am actually clicking on the...
  9. Cannot open any exe file.....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot open any exe file.....: I am using windows 10 on my Asus laptop. Whenever I try to open any exe file then it will automatically open chrome. Also chrome keeps on downloading AsusTPLoader. Also, cannot open chrome settings. I restart my PC few a lot of times but chrome is not behaving properly....
  10. Cannot open any files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open any files in file explorer: Hello, recently my file explorer has stopped working, whenever I try to open anything in the file explorer, on my C: or D: drives, it just shows the following error: [ATTACH] how can I fix this?...