Windows 10: Cannot open ANY Microsoft Store apps... "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or...

Discus and support Cannot open ANY Microsoft Store apps... "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I download and try to run ANY Microsoft Store app, I get this error message: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sillybandland, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Cannot open ANY Microsoft Store apps... "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or...

Whenever I download and try to run ANY Microsoft Store app, I get this error message:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

I have been able to ignore it, but avoiding Microsoft Store apps is getting harder and harder.

I've tried

• 'reset' and 'repair' on all the apps
    • grant myself full permissions on the WindowsApps folder
    • starting with admin privleges

nothing works and I don't want to reinstall windows AGAIN.... Anybody have any ideas?

submitted by /u/sillybandland
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sillybandland, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

Microsoft Photos can't access specified device, path or file

Hello Suraj,

One of the possible reason why you are getting an error message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item",
    may be due to the corrupted shortcut, if the file needs a permission or
    error if the shortcut or installation is attempting to access a location that is not currently available such as a networked or a removable drive. In order for us to assist you better, we'd like to ask the following:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue? If yes, tell us more about it.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you checked if you are using the administrator access? If yes, do you have any guess or standard profile on your computer?
    • Which application are you using to access photos? Is it an application that you download from the Microsoft Store?

Meanwhile, we recommend checking the article about "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file" error when you try to install, update or start a program or file
    on this link. It's applicable to Windows 7, this is to guide us to
    isolate the main issue why you are unable to access the photos on your device.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Getting "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file..." for almost EVERY Windows Store app

Okay, So I tried you suggested but I still had the issue. (also I dont have an antivirus besides win defender)

So I "reset" windows using the control panel option

Now the Microsoft Store apps work, BUT

When I try to open "Disk manager" I get the same issue that I got before.

>Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file...

I found a workaround (control panel > search > disk management) but I am still experiencing the issue, just with a different program Cannot open ANY Microsoft Store apps... "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or... :(

a burn victim, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Cannot open ANY Microsoft Store apps... "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or...

Getting "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file..." for almost EVERY Windows Store app

Okay, So I tried you suggested but I still had the issue. (also I dont have an antivirus besides win defender)

So I "reset" windows using the control panel option

Now the Microsoft Store apps work, BUT

When I try to open "Disk manager" I get the same issue that I got before.

>Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file...

I found a workaround (control panel > search > disk management) but I am still experiencing the issue, just with a different program Cannot open ANY Microsoft Store apps... "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or... :(

a burn victim, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open ANY Microsoft Store apps... "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or...

1. Cannot open ANY Microsoft Store apps... "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or... - Similar Threads - Cannot open Microsoft

2. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access the specified device path: "C:\Program Files\AMD\Cnext\Cnext\ANDRSSERV.exe" cant be accessed it comes up whenever I try to launch a game Im still able to play it but its a popup. I tried to give it access but its not working and since the pc is brand new and I dont have anything on it I tried a factory...
  3. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access the specified device path: "C:\Program Files\AMD\Cnext\Cnext\ANDRSSERV.exe" cant be accessed it comes up whenever I try to launch a game Im still able to play it but its a popup. I tried to give it access but its not working and since the pc is brand new and I dont have anything on it I tried a factory...
  4. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows cannot access the specified device path or file on Windows Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access the specified device path or file on Windows Apps: Hello,So I started experiencing this issue recently where I couldn't access some Windows Apps like NVIDIA Control Panel from the context menu . When I launch it manually from its files then it works normally. Same issue for minecraft dungeons where when I launch it either...
  6. Windows cannot access the specified device path or file on Windows Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows cannot access the specified device path or file on Windows Apps: Hello,So I started experiencing this issue recently where I couldn't access some Windows Apps like NVIDIA Control Panel from the context menu . When I launch it manually from its files then it works normally. Same issue for minecraft dungeons where when I launch it either...
  7. Windows cannot access the specified device path or file on Windows Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file: Hello,a few days ago I started having the following problem: when I try to open a video in the, for example, Splash Lite, i get the message that "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file, etc." However, when I try to open the same file in Windows Media...
  9. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. ....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. ....: Hi,I'm receiving this on restart, after latest Windows Update. Please advise.Thanks!Regards,Harel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or/5e58ce4e-8538-4000-af10-c8bd19c8c2a1
  10. Windows cannot access the specified device path

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot access the specified device path: so i have had this problem it said this windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have appropriate permissions and when i try to figer it out i dont have account roll of the adminster and i dont know what do plz help me it wold help a lot ps hi...