Windows 10: Cannot open any "modern" Windows 10 apps - "This app does not support the contract...

Discus and support Cannot open any "modern" Windows 10 apps - "This app does not support the contract... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently had 2 Windows 10 updates and ever since then, opening files with the "modern" Windows 10 apps was impossible. Instead an error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TKMGaming, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Cannot open any "modern" Windows 10 apps - "This app does not support the contract...

I've recently had 2 Windows 10 updates and ever since then, opening files with the "modern" Windows 10 apps was impossible. Instead an error message was shown: C:/Users/(username)/Desktop/(file name)
    "This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed"

If I tried to only open the app, not any file, it wouldn't open at all without displaying any error messages

By those apps I mean Photos, Microsoft Store, Videos & TV, Groove Music, Paint 3d etc.
    I can still open Photos, Videos and Music but only by using the old apps (Microsoft Office Picture Manager, Windows Media Player), but I would prefer to do it with the modern apps.

Please help me with this issue, if my problem is unclear to you or if you have any questions then write them down below. I'll try to explain everything.

submitted by /u/TKMGaming
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TKMGaming, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot open any "modern" Windows 10 apps - "This app does not support the contract... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Cannot open any "modern" Windows 10 apps - "This app does not support the contract...

Windows 10: Windows Store to support more than modern apps

Read more...

Brink, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open any "modern" Windows 10 apps - "This app does not support the contract...

1. Cannot open any "modern" Windows 10 apps - "This app does not support the contract... - Similar Threads - Cannot open modern

2. Cannot open any MS 365 Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open any MS 365 Apps: I cannot open any my 365 apps. The err msg is - The system has attempted to load or restore a file....HELP Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-any-ms-365-apps/16f072b0-e20c-4bb1-a4db-afd0128c7a79
  3. Cannot open any MS 365 Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open any MS 365 Apps: I cannot open any my 365 apps. The err msg is - The system has attempted to load or restore a file....HELP Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-any-ms-365-apps/16f072b0-e20c-4bb1-a4db-afd0128c7a79
  4. EXPLORER.EXE THE APP DOESNT SUPPORT THE CONTRACT SPECIFIED OR NOT INSTALLED while...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EXPLORER.EXE THE APP DOESNT SUPPORT THE CONTRACT SPECIFIED OR NOT INSTALLED while...: I WENT TO DEVICE MANAGER & SYSTEM FIRMWARE & WANTED TO UPDATE THE DRIVERS,WHEN I CLICK ON SEARCH FOR UPDATE DRIVERS IT IS SHOWING ME THIS MESSAGE!! MY PC IS NEW ONE BOUGHT 3DAYS BACK, WINDOWS10 64BIT!! HP RYZEN5 4600H!! PLEASE SOLVE IT [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. Cannot open almost any app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot open almost any app: Hello, I have a new laptop with Windows 10 inside, I found weird that there was no app store installed, I looked for information about how to fix it and then I found out I can't even open cmd.exe. The error when I try to run cmd is: There’s a problem with this app....
  6. Cannot open any downloaded apps

Cannot open any downloaded apps: I accidentally unplugged the ethernet and when I plugged it back in again, I couldn't open any apps that I downloaded before. I tried to uninstall and install apps back but I wasn't able to download any apps after. Whenever I try to open it, it says "The application was...
  7. Windows 10 cannot open any exe files or apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 cannot open any exe files or apps: Windows 10 cannot open any downloaded executables or even apps like the windows 10 updater on the desktop. Also cannot uninstall any programs. If I (win key, X) it takes me to powershell. No able to open anythin in (win key, R) either. How to fix this?????...
  8. Windows 10 modern apps not working...

Windows 10 modern apps not working...: So, I had a problem this morning regarding the modern apps icons, they were all blank whichever app I ran. Then I tried to fix them following this article: BEST FIX: Windows 10 Store Icon Missing - Appuals.com But, it just made things worse and now I can't even open Windows...
  9. Cannot open any app from Search

Cannot open any app from Search: I can open any files with no issue. SFC, DISM, and the repair useing app manifest doesn't help. I did get a little too happy with delete folders from system apps. Wondering which I would need to restore. 86266
  10. Windows 10: Windows Store to support more than modern apps

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Windows Store to support more than modern apps: With the introduction of Windows 10, Microsoft is making some fundamental changes to how its software functions. Beyond bringing back the Start menu, Microsoft will also be making some significant changes to the way the Windows Store works. Currently, you can only buy...