Windows 10: Cannot open any Windows Store Apps after updating to 1903

Discus and support Cannot open any Windows Store Apps after updating to 1903 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently updated to the 1903 build of Windows. After updating I noticed that I could no longer open any apps that I downloaded through the windows... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SlickLicksum, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Cannot open any Windows Store Apps after updating to 1903

I recently updated to the 1903 build of Windows. After updating I noticed that I could no longer open any apps that I downloaded through the windows store. I tried an existing app (Ubuntu on Windows) and also installed Spotify from the store, and tried to launch that. Upon launching any Windows Store app, I receive this error: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file, You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I also get an entry in the event logger stating: "0x80070005: Cannot create the Desktop AppX contaner for package (Spotify or Ubuntu) because an error was encountered configuring the runtime.". These apps were working fine before the update. I am on an active directory user account.

:)

SlickLicksum, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot open any Windows Store Apps after updating to 1903 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 4, 2019
  3. RP_77 Win User
    Store, Calendar, and Mail Apps not opening after Windows 10 update

Hello,

I recently updated to Windows 10 and I found that my Store, Calendar, and Mail Apps are not opening. When I try to open them I get the following message:

This app can't open

There is a problem with this app. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it.

I have tried the following but neither worked:

Method 1:

I suggest that you reset the Windows Store cache as per the below mentioned steps and check:

• Press Windows key and R key together to open the Run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter key for the command to execute.
    Method 2:

You may try to run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.

Please help me fix this!

RP_77, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Cannot open any Windows Store Apps after updating to 1903

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Cannot open any Windows Store Apps after updating to 1903

1. Cannot open any Windows Store Apps after updating to 1903 - Similar Threads - Cannot open Store

2. Windows Store not updating any apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store not updating any apps.: I keep attempting to play Apex Legends, but each time I'm forcefully tabbed out of the game and told that an app is required to open the MS Gamebar. I attempt to update it, but there are a ton of apps in the queue to update, none of which ever update. These apps include the...
  3. cannot open app store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open app store: cannot open app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-app-store/868af4cf-cf7a-4638-b4fe-92fdb025d5a9
  4. cannot open app store

cannot open app store: cannot open app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-app-store/868af4cf-cf7a-4638-b4fe-92fdb025d5a9
  5. Unable to open any Windows Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to open any Windows Store apps: I recently upgraded my computer to an AMD CPU and Motherboard. This seemed to work fine up until recently- now none of my Windows Store apps will open- not even Calculator. I have tried wsreset.exe but this has not solved the issue. Why is this happening and how can I fix...
  6. Windows Store and store apps won't open after update

Windows Store and store apps won't open after update: Yesterday I noticed Windows updates were failing so I set out to get updated to the latest version. That eventually led me to updating via the MediaCreationTool provided my Microsoft. Since updating I have not been able to open MS Store or any MS Store app. The app will...
  7. Cannot open almost any app

Cannot open almost any app: Hello, I have a new laptop with Windows 10 inside, I found weird that there was no app store installed, I looked for information about how to fix it and then I found out I can't even open cmd.exe. The error when I try to run cmd is: There’s a problem with this app....
  8. Cannot update to 1903 on any of our workstations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update to 1903 on any of our workstations: We're trying to update our Windows 10 PCs (12 of them) to 1903 and we're getting the same error on all of them: The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. 0x8007042B – 0x4000D BSOD The OOBE error log shows:...
  9. Cannot open any downloaded apps

Cannot open any downloaded apps: I accidentally unplugged the ethernet and when I plugged it back in again, I couldn't open any apps that I downloaded before. I tried to uninstall and install apps back but I wasn't able to download any apps after. Whenever I try to open it, it says "The application was...
  10. Can't open any windows store apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open any windows store apps: Hello, I am having trouble with Windows Defender and Update. I am getting error 0x800705b4 for Defender and though I've searched online on how to fix the problem none of them seem to work. Also, my computer won't let me access the update & security portion of my settings....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store not opening after 1903 update