Windows 10: cannot open anything from right click on start button?

Discus and support cannot open anything from right click on start button? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 home.If I right-click on the start button, the normal menu opens.However, nothing happens when I click on any item in the menu.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by colin higton, Dec 4, 2022.

1. cannot open anything from right click on start button?

I'm running Windows 10 home.If I right-click on the start button, the normal menu opens.However, nothing happens when I click on any item in the menu.I have run SFC /scannow, followed by DISM .Restarted the system but it's still the same.Cheers,Colin

:)

colin higton, Dec 4, 2022
  2. Tilghman Win User

Start Button Stopped Working

Yesterday the start button stopped responding. Cortana works okay and right clicking the start button opens a long list beginning with Programs and Features through Desktop. I restored from a point yesterday before experiencing the problem. Did not help.
    Any suggestions?

Tilghman, Dec 4, 2022
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Dec 4, 2022
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

cannot open anything from right click on start button?

OneDisc Access without Start Button

Hi Derek,

To fix your start button, we suggest that you follow these steps:

1. Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator.

• Right-click on Start button.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type in Powershell and hit Enter.
    2. Paste the below command in the Administrator: Windows Powershell window, and press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3. Wait for the Powershell to execute and complete the command. Ignore the errors in red color that may pop up.

4. When finished, try clicking the start if it's already working.

Let us know how it goes.

Ramon Imp, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

cannot open anything from right click on start button?

1. cannot open anything from right click on start button? - Similar Threads - cannot open anything

2. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  3. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  4. cannot open anything from right click on start button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open anything from right click on start button?: I'm running Windows 10 home.If I right-click on the start button, the normal menu opens.However, nothing happens when I click on any item in the menu.I have run SFC /scannow, followed by DISM .Restarted the system but it's still the same.Cheers,Colin...
  5. cannot open anything from right click on start button?

cannot open anything from right click on start button?: I'm running Windows 10 home.If I right-click on the start button, the normal menu opens.However, nothing happens when I click on any item in the menu.I have run SFC /scannow, followed by DISM .Restarted the system but it's still the same.Cheers,Colin...
  6. Cannot right click on Windows Start Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot right click on Windows Start Button: Hi there.I am running a fully updated copy of Windows 10 Pro x64.Around about 15th December my PC had some kind of issue that caused about 4 different problems.I have been able to fix them all except for one.When I right click the Windows Start Button the context menu refuses...
  7. Cannot right click on Windows Start Button

Cannot right click on Windows Start Button: Hi there.I am running a fully updated copy of Windows 10 Pro x64.Around about 15th December my PC had some kind of issue that caused about 4 different problems.I have been able to fix them all except for one.When I right click the Windows Start Button the context menu refuses...
  8. Cannot right click on Windows Start Button

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows Cannot Click and Open Anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Cannot Click and Open Anything: Hi, can someone please help me?I just update my Windows. After turn it on, I cannot click or open anything, also press the short cut button like volume or brigthness sometime it works very slow. I tried several steps on internet, but it all need me to open task manager or...
  10. start button right click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button right click menu: when I right click on the start button, nothing happens, no menu. Also, when I start windows, I get this error: This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". The two things happened about the same time, not sure if...