Windows 10: Cannot open Applications from Program Files with CMD and Powershell

Discus and support Cannot open Applications from Program Files with CMD and Powershell in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm trying to open executables/applications from C:\Program Files with CMD and Powershell but they doesn't open. It just doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nikos Kom29, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Cannot open Applications from Program Files with CMD and Powershell

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to open executables/applications from C:\Program Files with CMD and Powershell but they doesn't open. It just doing something like the cd command to the directory where my application is. I'm trying to open Filmora with this directory:

C:\Program Files\Wondershare\Wondershare Filmora\Wondershare Filmora X.exe

I also tried to open from batch file .bat but the same issue. A guy from Microsoft Support tried helping me with other commands and shared my screen but nothing changed.

There I have some images that may help you.

Cannot open Applications from Program Files with CMD and Powershell 78c029ff-61a3-4c2d-aba8-9a51eaa66724?upload=true.png

Cannot open Applications from Program Files with CMD and Powershell 6d08f699-9392-418d-bc7a-65a699378e74?upload=true.png

I hope someone will solve my problem because this is for my YouTube video which is supposed to be uploaded before 2021 year.

:)

Nikos Kom29, Dec 30, 2020
  2. zBernie Win User

How to open a .html file in Edge in PowerShell script"

Thanks, that works in PowerShell 6 and 7 too.

zBernie, Dec 30, 2020
  3. tjcreek55 Win User
    PowerShell does not launch bash.exe

All,

I am new and trying to learn.

My issue: When I enter bash.exe in a PowerShell cmd window, my PC does not launch the Ubuntu command. I think Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is not in my $ENVCannot open Applications from Program Files with CMD and Powershell :path.

Troubleshooting I have done:

1. Reading on the Internet, I can test my $ENVCannot open Applications from Program Files with CMD and Powershell :path by typing the following a PowerShell cmd:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> where.exe calc

C:\Windows\System32\calc.exe

It returned the follow:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> calc

(And the calculator displayed on my PC)

1. Reading on the Internet, I can also test my $ENVCannot open Applications from Program Files with CMD and Powershell :path by typing the following a PowerShell cmd:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> where.exe wsl

It returned the follow:

INFO: Could not find files for the given pattern(s).

Here is the output of $ENVCannot open Applications from Program Files with CMD and Powershell :path

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $ENVCannot open Applications from Program Files with CMD and Powershell :path

C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Program
    Files\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Users\user-lenovo595\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

Question:

What would you suggest as my next step to fix the issue?

Thank you,

tjcreek55, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Cannot open Applications from Program Files with CMD and Powershell

Drone, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open Applications from Program Files with CMD and Powershell

1. Cannot open Applications from Program Files with CMD and Powershell - Similar Threads - Cannot open Applications

2. How to open a file or folder exist on usb drive from powershell or cmd ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to open a file or folder exist on usb drive from powershell or cmd ?: I have a USB flash memory plugged into my laptop and I want to navigate to from PowerShell . Could show me how ?!Best, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-a-file-or-folder-exist-on-usb-drive/e7df9a27-127e-4013-a5da-cc9413857c92
  3. How to open a file or folder exist on usb drive from powershell or cmd ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open a file or folder exist on usb drive from powershell or cmd ?: I have a USB flash memory plugged into my laptop and I want to navigate to from PowerShell . Could show me how ?!Best, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-a-file-or-folder-exist-on-usb-drive/e7df9a27-127e-4013-a5da-cc9413857c92
  4. How to open a file or folder exist on usb drive from powershell or cmd ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  6. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  7. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

CMD And PowerShell Open And Close: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  8. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD And PowerShell Open And Close: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  9. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?

Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?: Please i need to open cmd win + r and so i know i need to know how to open it via powershell pls (.bat and so i know it needs to be opened via powershell. Pls PowerShell command to open cmd? Cmd über PowerShell öffnen, Befehl?