Windows 10: Cannot open apps for ~5 minutes following boot/restart after installation of Build 18362

Discus and support Cannot open apps for ~5 minutes following boot/restart after installation of Build 18362 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Installed the major Windows 10 update Build 18362 a couple of days ago. After the update finished, Windows rebooted fine but I could not open any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EPM_, Aug 8, 2019.

1. EPM_ Win User

Cannot open apps for ~5 minutes following boot/restart after installation of Build 18362

Installed the major Windows 10 update Build 18362 a couple of days ago. After the update finished, Windows rebooted fine but I could not open any application. Neither did the requested programs appear in Task Manager. Nothing was taking up too much CPU, RAM, etc., however the Service Control Manager service was not responding.

This lasted for ~10 minutes, after which everything was fine.

Now, after every wake from Sleep or reboot, it takes ~5 minutes before I can open any application.

I checked the Reliability Monitor, and there were two Windows Failures listed immediately after a subsequent update today (the 2019-07 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4506991)). These were both LiveKernalEvents with the code 144. Details below.

Source

Windows

Summary

Hardware error

Date

‎08/‎08/‎2019 10:41

Status

Not reported

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 144

Parameter 1: 3003

Parameter 2: ffffbe823963c6b0

Parameter 3: 40010000

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_18362

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2057

A search suggested this might be due to older drivers with the new OS version, so I made sure they are up-to-date.

:)

EPM_, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot open apps for ~5 minutes following boot/restart after installation of Build 18362 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Cannot open apps for ~5 minutes following boot/restart after installation of Build 18362

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot open apps for ~5 minutes following boot/restart after installation of Build 18362 - Similar Threads - Cannot open apps

2. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 5 minutes of boot: Hi My PC was working fine until yesterday. This morning I opened it up to clean out dust, like I usually do every few months. Since then, it take much longer to boot up, almost 4 to 5 minutes I can use the device for another 5 minutes but it is slow and then a blue screen...
  3. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after 5 minutes of boot: Hi My PC was working fine until yesterday. This morning I opened it up to clean out dust, like I usually do every few months. Since then, it take much longer to boot up, almost 4 to 5 minutes I can use the device for another 5 minutes but it is slow and then a blue screen...
  4. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  6. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  7. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. 5-minute boot time

5-minute boot time: A month or two ago Windows 10 Home suddenly started taking 5 minutes to start up. It used to take a minute. Details: No performance issues after boot Most of the boot time is during "Welcome" screen 2 languages installed - English and Japanese, OS is English CPU Pentium i5...
  9. Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up

Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up: My PC freezes after 5 minutes of being logged in. (Windows 10) However I can still move the mouse, click on things but nothing will happen I sometimes also get a "Microsoft windows is not responding' popup, I cant interact with that either I checked task manager and it...
  10. Cannot boot into Seven after installing Build 9926

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot boot into Seven after installing Build 9926: After installing Windows 10 build 9926 tonight in a dual boot set up with Seven, I can no longer access Seven at all. When I select to boot into Seven, all I get is a black screen. When I force a restart I get a pointless disk check that finds no new errors (a bad 4kb...