Windows 10: Cannot open Apps

Discus and support Cannot open Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've just had Windows 10 installed. When I try to operate or open an app they go to taskbar & will not open. I cannot maximize. Please help!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DEAN1_00, Jul 25, 2020.

1. DEAN1_00 Win User

Cannot open Apps

I've just had Windows 10 installed. When I try to operate or open an app they go to taskbar & will not open. I cannot maximize. Please help!!

:)

DEAN1_00, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot open Apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 25, 2020
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Cannot open Apps

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open Apps

1. Cannot open Apps - Similar Threads - Cannot open Apps

2. cannot open app store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open app store: cannot open app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-app-store/868af4cf-cf7a-4638-b4fe-92fdb025d5a9
  3. cannot open app store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot open app store: cannot open app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-app-store/868af4cf-cf7a-4638-b4fe-92fdb025d5a9
  4. Cannot Open Certain Apps

Cannot Open Certain Apps: Hi,When I proceed to open the Minecraft launcher on my Windows 10 laptop I am met with an error code stating: Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you...
  5. Cannot Open Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Certain Apps: Hi,When I proceed to open the Minecraft launcher on my Windows 10 laptop I am met with an error code stating: Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you...
  6. cannot open settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  7. Cannot open settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  8. Cannot open settings app

Cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  9. Office apps won’t open/ cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office apps won’t open/ cannot be opened: Hi, I’ve been encountering an issue for the past weeks with all the Office apps installed on my computer Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. When I try to open the apps from the taskbar, a notification says "Windows cannot find...
  10. cannot open people app

cannot open people app: When try to open Windows 10 People, blank blue screen (w/ people synbol in middle) comes up for a second, then screen goes to Mail. Mail seems to work fine and calendar opens OK (although I don't use it). Had a problem recently when HP110 computer wouldn't come out of...