Windows 10: cannot open attachments in win 10 using bell mail

Discus and support cannot open attachments in win 10 using bell mail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; since the last update in win 10, i cannot open attachments in my bell mail . i have tried using microsoft edge but all i can get it to when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gus866, Nov 1, 2019.

1. gus866 Win User

cannot open attachments in win 10 using bell mail

since the last update in win 10, i cannot open attachments in my bell mail . i have tried using microsoft edge but all i can get it to when

it opens is turn into a big red square and then close. what can i do to open the attachments?

:)

gus866, Nov 1, 2019

2. Win 10 Mail attachments

The problem with attachments is only in the Win 10 Mail app on my laptop.

I just received a message sent to my MSN.com address with two small JPG attachments (<100 kb). When I view the message on the web using Outlook.com, the pictures are visible directly in the email and it is noted there are two attachments. I checked the
    same message on the same machine using MSN Explorer with the embedded mail program, and it shows there are attachments, which I had no trouble opening.

Viewing the same message on a different laptop running Win 8.1 Mail app, it says there are two attachments which I can open and save. BUT when I look at the message in the Win 10 Mail app, it is blank and there is no indication that there are attachments.

Based on my 35 years experience with computers and the testing I have done, I must conclude that the problem is with Win 10 Mail app so I suggest that Microsoft look into this issue.

SewsALot710, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. cannot open attachments in win 10 using bell mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 1, 2019
  4. cannot open attachments in win 10 using bell mail

Mail not opening attachments

Hi Len,

For us to narrow down your concern with your mail attachment, we would like to know the following:

• What email program are you referring to?
    • When you open your email attachments, are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

cannot open attachments in win 10 using bell mail

1. cannot open attachments in win 10 using bell mail - Similar Threads - cannot open attachments

2. attachment with mail cannot be downloaded in windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    attachment with mail cannot be downloaded in windows 10 mail: i cannot download attachments when i receive mail in windows 10 mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attachment-with-mail-cannot-be-downloaded-in/64b2acb4-4563-44e2-85cd-8aed2c026766
  3. Mail attachments

Mail attachments: When trying to open catalogue attachment to auction mail received, it won't open and an icon appears which is a YELLOW SQUARE WITH MONKEY HEAD INSIDE and click1x1. What is this. Seems to be only happening since MICROSOFT EDGE format change recently....
  4. Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment: Hello, I currently use the mail app for windows 10. I noticed that when I single click on an attachment, it performs a double click and opens the attachment. I tried on 3 computers using the app and does the same thing with or without mouse. File settings are set to...
  5. No Attachment in mail

No Attachment in mail: I tried to send an Email with a picture attached. the email comes but the attachment is not visible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-attachment-in-mail/2ee517d7-6bd3-48d0-92cc-7e47bc8b6ab9
  6. Cannot open attachments in Mail for Windows 10

Cannot open attachments in Mail for Windows 10: Hello! I cannot open any attachments in my Outlook email accounts from my Windows 10 mail app. It was working fine until yesterday. It won't even open if I hit Ctrl and click on the attachment. Suggestions? Thanks!...
  7. Open Attachments in Windows 10 Mail without saving

Open Attachments in Windows 10 Mail without saving: I've searched all over and can't find an answer to this. How can I open an attachment e.g., PDF in Windows 10 Mail without saving it. Right clicking the attachment gives the option to "Open" or "Save" but clicking either pulls up a window to save the file in Documents....
  8. Cannot open PDF attachments in WIndows 10 Mail App

Cannot open PDF attachments in WIndows 10 Mail App: I used the Mail App for my gmail account and cannot open any PDF attachments. I am able to any other documents word, excel, etc.. but not PDF. When I try to open the PDF attachment, it is asking me to save first on my desktop and then open it from my desktop. I have...
  9. Win 10 mail pdf attachment problems.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 mail pdf attachment problems.: There are few pdf attachments in one of my emails. They are visible on phone but not in the Mail for Windows 10. Looking on various forums this is not a new problem what is happening. I have tried some of the so called fixes suggested by your so called engineers but to no...
  10. Cannot OPEN attachments in Windows 10 Mail

Cannot OPEN attachments in Windows 10 Mail: Until the last update I could click on the attachment and open it. Now I can only save the attachment, only if I right click and select open. Help....