Windows 10: Cannot OPEN attachments in Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Cannot OPEN attachments in Windows 10 Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Until the last update I could click on the attachment and open it. Now I can only save the attachment, only if I right click and select open. Help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BarbaraStevens1, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Cannot OPEN attachments in Windows 10 Mail

Until the last update I could click on the attachment and open it. Now I can only save the attachment, only if I right click and select open. Help.

:)

BarbaraStevens1, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot OPEN attachments in Windows 10 Mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Attach a document into Windows 10 Mail

Hi,

The following are the basic steps on how you can attach an email in Windows 10 Mail:

• Open Windows Mail and create a new e-mail message.
    • Click the Attach File to Message button. (It's the paperclip icon)
    • In the Open dialogue box that appears, select the file
      you want to attach and then click Open. Browse the folders in the Open dialogue box the same way you would browse through Windows Explorer.
    • With the name of the attached file now in the Attach text box, type your e-mail message as usual.
    • Click Send button to send.

Feel free to ask back any question should you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Cannot OPEN attachments in Windows 10 Mail

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Cannot OPEN attachments in Windows 10 Mail

1. Cannot OPEN attachments in Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Cannot OPEN attachments

2. attachment with mail cannot be downloaded in windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    attachment with mail cannot be downloaded in windows 10 mail: i cannot download attachments when i receive mail in windows 10 mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attachment-with-mail-cannot-be-downloaded-in/64b2acb4-4563-44e2-85cd-8aed2c026766
  3. Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment: Hello, I currently use the mail app for windows 10. I noticed that when I single click on an attachment, it performs a double click and opens the attachment. I tried on 3 computers using the app and does the same thing with or without mouse. File settings are set to...
  4. Windows 10 Mail attachments

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail attachments: Hi. Windows 10 Mail app does not sync attachments from the linked Gmail account. E-mails have attachments, but when fetched into Mail inbox, then the attachments are lost. What to do? Tried already to enable IMAP from Gmail settings, removed several times Gmail account from...
  5. Cannot open attachments in Mail for Windows 10

Cannot open attachments in Mail for Windows 10: Hello! I cannot open any attachments in my Outlook email accounts from my Windows 10 mail app. It was working fine until yesterday. It won't even open if I hit Ctrl and click on the attachment. Suggestions? Thanks!...
  6. Open Attachments in Windows 10 Mail without saving

Open Attachments in Windows 10 Mail without saving: I've searched all over and can't find an answer to this. How can I open an attachment e.g., PDF in Windows 10 Mail without saving it. Right clicking the attachment gives the option to "Open" or "Save" but clicking either pulls up a window to save the file in Documents....
  7. Cannot open PDF attachments in WIndows 10 Mail App

Cannot open PDF attachments in WIndows 10 Mail App: I used the Mail App for my gmail account and cannot open any PDF attachments. I am able to any other documents word, excel, etc.. but not PDF. When I try to open the PDF attachment, it is asking me to save first on my desktop and then open it from my desktop. I have...
  8. cannot open attachments in win 10 using bell mail

cannot open attachments in win 10 using bell mail: since the last update in win 10, i cannot open attachments in my bell mail . i have tried using microsoft edge but all i can get it to when it opens is turn into a big red square and then close. what can i do to open the attachments?...
  9. Windows 10 Mail gives option to save or open mail attachments but only saves

Windows 10 Mail gives option to save or open mail attachments but only saves: As the subject. I try to open an attachment (pdf) in Windows Mail but right clicking gives me the option to save or open and it will only save, left clicking simply saves it ... I get no way to open the attachment. I've found the same question asked before on this frum and...
  10. Attachments in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attachments in Windows 10 Mail: I am also experiencing the problem of some attachments not being received in Windows 10 mail. The latest was a .pdf file not accessible through Windows 10 mail but was accessible through my phone through gmail. I do not know whether the same problem exists on my hotmail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open attachments windows 10

2. cannot open attachments windows10

3. cannot open email attachments windows 10

4. cannot open attachment in email,
  5. unable to open email attachments windows 10,
  6. open email attachments windows 10,
  7. windows 10 mail cannot open attachments,
  8. windows 10 cannot open attachments,
  9. windows 10 mail open attachments,
  10. open attachments in windows 10,
  11. i cannot open email attachments in windows 10,