Windows 10: Cannot open Chrome anymore. What happened?

Discus and support Cannot open Chrome anymore. What happened? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using chrome for the last 5 years on my PC and today it just stopped opening. I can open Microsoft edge. I tried downloading again but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by audrom, Jun 27, 2019.

1. audrom Win User

Cannot open Chrome anymore. What happened?

I have been using chrome for the last 5 years on my PC and today it just stopped opening. I can open Microsoft edge. I tried downloading again but the process stops with a message stating that I have to download through Microsoft store, but the store does not have Chrome as an option. Do I downloard outside the Microsoft store?

:)

audrom, Jun 27, 2019

2. Chrome not even opening anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you able to open other browser like Internet explorer and Edge?
    This issue may arise due to some corruption in Chrome installation files. I suggest you to try installing Google Chrome in compatibility mode and check if it works. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings
    from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the setup file from the Google Chrome website.
    • Right-click on the .exe setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Google Chrome doesn't open anymore

Hi.

I have a PC that runs Windows 10

When I click on the Google Chrome icon (in the taskbar) it doesn't open anymore.

What happened?

What I could try to fix this problem?

Thanks

francesckosky, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot open Chrome anymore. What happened? - Similar Threads - Cannot open Chrome

2. Paint cannot open specific files anymore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paint cannot open specific files anymore.: So just last night I noticed that my Microsoft Paint application stopped working. I could not reinstall it through the settings apps nor could I find it on the Microsoft store, so I had to make a risky move and reinstall it via a 3rd party website. Not only did this update...
  3. I cannot open .exe files anymore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot open .exe files anymore?: Hi, I wanted to install an .exe file today, but after a few minutes nothing happened. Then I googled it and found Microsoft support. I copied everything step by step. Now I can't open anything anymore, e.g. Google, games, even Regedit, where I changed everything. Here is...
  4. [help] Chrome works for a bit, then freezes, then doesn't open anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] Chrome works for a bit, then freezes, then doesn't open anymore: I've had this problem for a couple of days now, when I open chrome it opens and works fine for a couple of seconds but then when I try to search something the search never ends. I just see a spinning wheel. Even when I go to chrome settings they don't load. Then when I close...
  5. what happened to the distill google chrome option

in Browsers and Email
    what happened to the distill google chrome option: Anyone have the 411 on why this is no longer an option. I used it extensively. Google Chrome is up to date Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit). It would appear that I am not the only one who discovered it's absence: Reader Mode Not Availabe - Google Chrome Help...
  6. I can't open Google Chrome anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open Google Chrome anymore: I tried to open Google Chrome this afternoon, but it wouldn't open. It only opened to show my profile pic. I'm sorry, but I don't like Edge. Because I had to reset my Windows 10, I had to download Chrome last week. Now it won't open right. What can I do? And what's...
  7. Google Chrome doesn't open anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome doesn't open anymore: Hi. I have a PC that runs Windows 10 When I click on the Google Chrome icon (in the taskbar) it doesn't open anymore. What happened? What I could try to fix this problem? Thanks...
  8. What happened to WD Browser protection for Chrome?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What happened to WD Browser protection for Chrome?: Hello. I cannot find this Chrome extension on the Chrome Web Store anymore. Was it removed for some reason? 127128
  9. Google Chrome Wont Automatically Open Anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome Wont Automatically Open Anymore: When I used to restart/open up my computer, Google Chrome used to open automatically all the time with the url thing usually being the first thing to open at the top of the screen. All my bookmarks and actual history was on there and I was very satisfied with it as it made...
  10. Cannot open or preview Outlook attachments anymore

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open or preview Outlook attachments anymore: Upgraded Win 7 Pro to Win 10 pro. Using Outlook 2013. Office attachments (word, excel etc...) can no longer be previewed or open directly from within the email. Now have to drag to desktop to open. Windows seems to report that the files are corrupt when attempting to open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome wont open anymore windows 10 2019

2. what happened to chrome

3. chrome cannot open anymore

4. the chrome cannot be open what is the problem,
  5. chrome wont open anymore windows 10,
  6. what happened to chrome?