Windows 10: Cannot open default system apps eg: photos, mail and calendar, get help

Discus and support Cannot open default system apps eg: photos, mail and calendar, get help in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; i also cannot open camera, any xbox related app, and have done a full scan with mcafee.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Dogman45663, May 15, 2021.

1. Cannot open default system apps eg: photos, mail and calendar, get help

i also cannot open camera, any xbox related app, and have done a full scan with mcafee.

:)

Dogman45663, May 15, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot open default system apps eg: photos, mail and calendar, get help :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 15, 2021
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, May 15, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Cannot open default system apps eg: photos, mail and calendar, get help

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, May 15, 2021
Thema:

Cannot open default system apps eg: photos, mail and calendar, get help

1. Cannot open default system apps eg: photos, mail and calendar, get help - Similar Threads - Cannot open default

2. mail and calendar app wont open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mail and calendar app wont open: Mail icon disappeared from task bar and app wont open in Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app-wont-open/633a7b21-13c2-426b-b952-3f3f148ad715
  3. mail and calendar app wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail and calendar app wont open: Mail icon disappeared from task bar and app wont open in Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app-wont-open/633a7b21-13c2-426b-b952-3f3f148ad715
  4. mail and calendar app wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot open Mail and Calendar app on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot open Mail and Calendar app on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you are not able to open the Mail and Calendar app on your Windows 11/10 device, the solutions provided in this post may help you fix the problem. The users who experienced this problem have stated that Windows shows notifications for all new emails but they cannot...
  6. windows 10 Mail App default calendar

windows 10 Mail App default calendar: Hi, When I set up calendar new event in my windows 10 mail app on desktop, the default calender is from for example gmail. My question is whenever I set up a calender event, can I pre set the default calendar, for example icloud?...
  7. Cannot open photo's, Apps greyed and cannot System Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open photo's, Apps greyed and cannot System Restore: Running Windows home v1809 with Defender and Malwarebytes Starting yesterday I found I could not open my photo's with the default photo app, many of the window store apps are greyed. Tried sfc and dism to repair files without joy. Tried SystemRestore with no joy as kept...
  8. Mail and Calendar Apps won't open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar Apps won't open: My Mail and Calendar Apps worked well for about a week, but today neither will open. How can I get them to open? 14284
  9. Mail and Calendar Apps won't open

Mail and Calendar Apps won't open: I just installed the Windows 10 Preview on my Surface Pro 3 and immediately updated it to the 10130 build. Anytime that I try to open up the Mail and Calendar apps, both will pop up for 1 second and then immediately crash. I've searched fixes but nothing has helped so far....
  10. Mail & Calendar app crashes on opening

Mail & Calendar app crashes on opening: Hi all. After last update, my win10 will not open my mail & calendar app. Whenever I open the app, it starts up, loads the mail, and then shuts down again. I am getting this from my event viewer: Faulting application name: HxMail.exe, version: 16.0.6106.4200, time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Dogman45663