Windows 10: Cannot open Edge or Chrome after update to Windows 10 2004

Discus and support Cannot open Edge or Chrome after update to Windows 10 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've updated twice to 2004 but have had to roll back to 1903 as both my browsers do not open. Nothing happens when I click on them therefore I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kemmyjoe, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Kemmyjoe Win User

Cannot open Edge or Chrome after update to Windows 10 2004

I've updated twice to 2004 but have had to roll back to 1903 as both my browsers do not open. Nothing happens when I click on them therefore I cannot access the internet. I'm having to keep pausing the update to 2004. How do I make the browsers open if I update to 2004?

:)

Kemmyjoe, Aug 29, 2020

2. Can't install Chrome from Edge in Windows 10

After reading several of the posts listed here, I too have been using Edge since updating to Windows 10 and could not download Chrome. So, following one of the suggestions, I went to the start button and opened programs and selected Windows Accessories
    and selected and opened Internet Explorer and searched for Google Chrome download and it installed in less than 3 to 5 minutes max. Not sure why problem in trying to install using Edge but Explorer allowed me to get it down in minutes. Thanks for suggestion.

RickMcKinnie, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Cannot open Edge or Chrome after update to Windows 10 2004

Windows 10 - Outlook Hyperlinks and PDFs Opening in Edge Not Chrome

I want to once again use Chrome for URLs and Adobe Reader for PDFs, but lost this after a Windows 10 auto-update.

I now too have the situation where PDFs in emails I receive in Outlook (2010) open in Edge, and when I attach a PDF to an Outlook email it shows as an Edge doc. Also, URLs in Outlook Emails open in Edge. PDFs and URLs other than in Outlook open with my
    preferences.

I've reset all the defaults I can find to associate PDFs with Adobe Reader and URLs to Chrome. Also tried the suggested regedit change. Didn't help at all.

My Set Default Programs don't show Microsoft Outlook, just:

• Microsoft account
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft family restrictions
    • Microsoft Solitaire Collection
    Control Panel shows I have both Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 (which includes Visio) and Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 - English (which includes Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).

BobInTheMountains, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open Edge or Chrome after update to Windows 10 2004

1. Cannot open Edge or Chrome after update to Windows 10 2004 - Similar Threads - Cannot open Edge

2. Cannot update to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update to Windows 10 2004: Hello, I cannot update my laptop Asus Zenbook UX410UA beyond version 1909. Recently a notification saying that version 1909 will soon not be supported popped up. All my drivers are up to date but the problem persists. Is there a known solution? Thanks...
  3. After Update to 2004 Sync Chrome, Opera and Edge paused after reboot, OneDrive and Teams...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After Update to 2004 Sync Chrome, Opera and Edge paused after reboot, OneDrive and Teams...: After upgrading to 2004 I had to sign in again to sync on Chrome, Canary, Opera, Opera Beta and Edge and sign in to OneDrive and Teams. They will then work fine. But when I reboot Sync is paused/stopped on them all and I have to sign in to OneDrive and Teams again. So I...
  4. I cannot open Google Chrome after Windows 10 update August 2020

I cannot open Google Chrome after Windows 10 update August 2020: Hi, I cannot open Google Chrome after Windows 10 update August 2020. The icon sits on the bottom of the page and lets me right click but will not open. Also when I open excel or word if the PC goes in to screen sleep mode the I cannot open the excel or wrod document even...
  5. Chrome takes time to open after new Update (2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome takes time to open after new Update (2004): ^ submitted by /u/hrithik15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9kphx/chrome_takes_time_to_open_after_new_update_2004/
  6. Cannot use Windows 10 after 2004 update

Cannot use Windows 10 after 2004 update: After installed 2004 update for Windows 10 today in June 10th, 2020, I cannot use Windows 10 anymore. After login in an administrative or a common account, a black screen appears, the mouse cursor appears as a cycling circle as it is loading and after some seconds the...
  7. Cannot update to Windows 10 2004

Cannot update to Windows 10 2004: I get the following message, which I really do not understand. The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page....
  8. Color Shift In Edge/Chrome After Opening

Color Shift In Edge/Chrome After Opening: After the recent update when I open either Chrome or Edge new Edge the colors appear correct for the first few seconds, then suddenly shift to a more washed out tone. Updated all my display drivers and even tried the new insider update. Can't figure this out, incredibly...
  9. Cannot open or reinstall google chrome after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open or reinstall google chrome after recent windows update: Cannot open or reinstall google chrome after recent windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-or-reinstall-google-chrome-after/9e0a2189-3d51-477e-891e-e09a5534a8e2
  10. Chrome and Edge Not Loading / Opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome and Edge Not Loading / Opening: Hi, Chrome and Edge browsers are not opening. I uninstalled chrome a few times, I could not open as administrator, and when I run troubleshooter compatibility, the program will not open for Test Program. I recently updated Windows 10 - 2018-11 cumulative update for windows...