Windows 10: cannot open emoji and clipboard history pannels

Discus and support cannot open emoji and clipboard history pannels in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10 pro 1809 (10.0.17763 Build 17763), and I cannot get the emoji pannel (Windows+./Windows+*Wink, or clipboard history... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ns1419, May 19, 2019.

1. ns1419 Win User

cannot open emoji and clipboard history pannels

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 pro 1809 (10.0.17763 Build 17763), and I cannot get the emoji pannel (Windows+./Windows+*Wink, or clipboard history (windows+v) pannels
    to open.

Trying to open the emoji pannel manually by going to Chrome, doing a right click when focused inside an edit field, and choosing emoji pannel option, also does nothing.

Both of those used to work, but have stopped recently.

As I've read that system/input/display language may prevent those from working properly, I just wanna say that I have my system language, locale, input
    language, display language, format, all set to English (US), and have always had.

I have tried installing another language, setting it as default, and then removing it and setting the English (US) one as default, but it didn't help.
    I also ran sfc /scannow, and it didn't find any problems.

I saw a few tutorials that suggested making the “EnableExpressiveInputShellHotkey” key and setting it to 1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Input\Settings,
    and I did that, but still no luck.

I have restarted a few times, but no dice.

I've also read somewhere that I should make sure the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service is running and set to manual (trigger start), and it is running, and
    set to the recommended setting.

ctfmon.exe is also running, and I've tried killing it from the task manager, and letting it come back, but that didn't do anything.

I haven't installed/removed any drivers, or anything to that extent.
    I've just installed Windows updates as they became available (I let them install automatically).
    For the record, windows+h also doesn't work, but I haven't set up speech recognition, so that may be why, but I remember using it in the past.
    Windows+C works just fine to talk to Cortana, and everything else is working fine but the above.

I'd appreciate any help.

:)

ns1419, May 19, 2019

2. The new clipboard history is not opening!

In the new feature update to Windows 10, There's a new feature called clipboard history. When I press the window key + V, it should open the clipboard history, but it's not doing so. tried turning it on and off. Still not yet fixed! any guess or fix to
    this?

Rajesh G97, May 19, 2019
  3. The new clipboard history is not opening!

Tried Even editing the registry editor with values.. Still clipboard history is not opening.. Don't know what causes this.

Rajesh G97, May 19, 2019
  4. cannot open emoji and clipboard history pannels

view clipboard history

"Upon copying something, the previous clipboard content is always overwritten. This means that there is always no history saved on the clipboard. You can use third-party applications which record your clipboard history, but you cannot recover your clipboard
    history prior to the installation of that app.'

Source -
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

E for Excel, May 19, 2019
Thema:

cannot open emoji and clipboard history pannels

1. cannot open emoji and clipboard history pannels - Similar Threads - cannot open emoji

2. Windows shortcuts such as Emoji Menu, Snipping Tool, Clipboard History not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shortcuts such as Emoji Menu, Snipping Tool, Clipboard History not working: on my normal account user 1 any shortcut doesn't work such as Emoji Menu, Snipping Tool, Clipboard History but the Windows Logo key + I works to open settings and all of that shortcuts but any of the Emoji Menu, Snipping Tool, Clipboard History don't work. But on my other...
  3. Windows shortcuts such as Emoji Menu, Snipping Tool, Clipboard History not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows shortcuts such as Emoji Menu, Snipping Tool, Clipboard History not working: on my normal account user 1 any shortcut doesn't work such as Emoji Menu, Snipping Tool, Clipboard History but the Windows Logo key + I works to open settings and all of that shortcuts but any of the Emoji Menu, Snipping Tool, Clipboard History don't work. But on my other...
  4. Windows shortcuts such as Emoji Menu, Snipping Tool, Clipboard History not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Clipboard History

Clipboard History: Hi, I'm having trouble getting the new clipboard history to work. It is definitely activated Having trawled the internet and tried everything that has been suggested on various forums, I downloaded and ran "Windows Hotkey Explorer" the free version, which shows the...
  6. Clipboard History

Clipboard History: I'm troubled in syncing my clipboard history to other devices. How can it be solved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-history/e56b5433-5abc-4110-be57-466e38e7c8d6
  7. Emoji History

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Emoji History: Theres a way to clear the emoji history? help me pls submitted by /u/Pixel_Davi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ii70hc/emoji_history/
  8. Cannot turn on clipboard history

Cannot turn on clipboard history: The option in grayed out. Above it is "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization." I don't have an organization. This is my private desk top computer. How can I rid this red warning and turn on clipboard history?...
  9. Clipboard history & Emoji picker crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Clipboard history & Emoji picker crashes: Running Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.329, 32-bit. Not so sure why this happened. I've ran commands as below: sfc /scannow DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup...
  10. The new clipboard history is not opening!

The new clipboard history is not opening!: In the new feature update to Windows 10, There's a new feature called clipboard history. When I press the window key + V, it should open the clipboard history, but it's not doing so. tried turning it on and off. Still not yet fixed! any guess or fix to this?...