Windows 10: Cannot open encrypted Files after format! Please help!

Discus and support Cannot open encrypted Files after format! Please help! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had Windows 7, I never knew that green names of files meant that they were locked out. I was confused as my windows told me to take a backup of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NayamAmarshe, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Cannot open encrypted Files after format! Please help!

I had Windows 7, I never knew that green names of files meant that they were locked out. I was confused as my windows told me to take a backup of encrypted files, never knew it would turn this bad.

I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and now I CAN'T OPEN MY OFFICE DOCUMENTS AND FILES IN GREEN TITLES!!
    I can't even uncheck the encrypted files option in the properties, I can't open the files(access denied)!

Please help me!
    I don't have any pfx key to install.

BUT!
    If this helps, I have it:
    App data folder from old windows that contains Crypto, RSA, Certificates folder which contain various .sys files.

Also, I tried this DiskInternals EFS Recovery Software and IT WORKED! IT OPENED MY ENCRYPTED FILES BUT I CAN'T SAVE THEM OR USE THEM BECAUSE IMAGES HAVE A *TRIAL VERSION* WATERMARK ON THEM EVERYWHERE! I don't have the money to buy the software but there must be some place where the software can get the pfx certificate to open the files.
    I've tried Elcomsoft EFS Recovery but it didn't work. DiskInternals' software works but only for previews, I have to buy the full version for exporing the certificated.
    PLEASE HELP ME!!

:)

NayamAmarshe, Dec 13, 2017

2. I can't decrypt my photo files after installing a new windows 10

Dear Microsoft Expert Engineer

kindly i want from you to solve my problem as I didn't found any solution for my problem for 4 years,

my problem starts when i decide to encrypt my privet photo files with windows 10 encryption file

after that i decided to format my partition which containing windows 10 to install a new fresh windows 10

from that time that i installed the new windows , i can't open any encrypted files as i tried everything to open these encrypted files with no hope

so please please help me to solve my problem

Thanks & Best Regards,

TomaXBOX2016, Dec 13, 2017
  3. Decrypted jpg file

Hello!

I used windows 10 and I have some pictures jpg format can't open.

Please help me!

This type of file was encrypted by me with last version of windows 8.1.

Can enyone help me!!!

Please!

DobreanRobert, Dec 13, 2017
  4. Cannot open encrypted Files after format! Please help!

We are not ignoring you. Many have read your post and don't know the answer to your problem.
    What operating system do you have installed that you are having the problem with?
    One thing for sure I do know is our rules.

Please read.

Forum Rules - Windows 10 Forums

No discussions of hacking someones system, network, password, etc.

So their isn't really not much help except you must have the key to the encrypted drive, files, folder ect.
    If you don't have the key (password) I don't know how to help you.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 17, 2017
Thema:

Cannot open encrypted Files after format! Please help!

1. Cannot open encrypted Files after format! Please help! - Similar Threads - Cannot open encrypted

2. Please I need help. All my files are encrypted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please I need help. All my files are encrypted.: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  3. Please I need help. All my files are encrypted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please I need help. All my files are encrypted.: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  4. Please I need help. All my files are encrypted.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. cannot access encrypted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot access encrypted files: I got some files that I've encrypted by EFS on windows 11. After I got some issues, I have to reinstall windows 10 then I lost my access to the files that I've encrypted even I use the same Microsoft account on both system and it's on the same computer.I've tried may methods...
  6. Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .: I connected an old external HDD to my PC via a USB cable and i cant open the files inside it anymore. It was working until yesterday . Is there a way to fix that HDD by running some applications ? I have used an application before but i cannot remember the name now .It was in...
  7. Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .: I connected an old external HDD to my PC via a USB cable and i cant open the files inside it anymore. It was working until yesterday . Is there a way to fix that HDD by running some applications ? I have used an application before but i cannot remember the name now .It was in...
  8. I cannot open "encrypted" files on Windows 10. Can anyone help me?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot open "encrypted" files on Windows 10. Can anyone help me?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Hello, I'm at the computer and found an old USB stick. Of course I forgot what was on it, so I wanted to have a look at it. When I took a look at it, all my files were encrypted with something. I could not access them and I could not delete...
  9. CANNOT OPEN PC AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CANNOT OPEN PC AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE PLEASE HELP: Hello I have an Asus Vivobook and I never had issues with Windows startup but after my Windows 10 Update I am unable to open my PC since then. I tried Startup Repair, using the safe mode, Troubleshoot as well. Even after that it didnt work so i tried resetting the PC but...
  10. Changing format help please

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing format help please: How do I change the format of my forums? Every single one has changed format since I changed over to WIN10. My WIN7 PC died so I cannot give an example of how it looked before but it was more like a table than a spreadsheet. [img] Lots of thanks in advance *Smile 29542

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open encrypted files after formatting win7