Windows 10: Cannot open external Seagate Expansion Drive after Windows 11 update - Kernel-PnP...

Discus and support Cannot open external Seagate Expansion Drive after Windows 11 update - Kernel-PnP... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 11 and although I can see my Seagate device in Disk Management, and it says it is 'Healthy and Active', I cannot open it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Laura Baker2, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Cannot open external Seagate Expansion Drive after Windows 11 update - Kernel-PnP...

I recently updated to Windows 11 and although I can see my Seagate device in Disk Management, and it says it is 'Healthy and Active', I cannot open it. I have updated all disk drivers through Windows Update and Seagate drivers.How do I know if the drive is corrupt or whether the Windows 11 update is wrong and what can I do?

:)

Laura Baker2, Nov 28, 2022

2. Seagate Expansion + Drive not working

When I use to connect my Seagate Expansion + drive, my windows 8 computer does not read the contents and it also affects the other USB Drives. but it shows on the Device Manager (SCSI controller and Disk Drives section), however the capacity storage is not
    listing up on the Disk Management Tool.

Any help?

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

MasterJiraya, Nov 28, 2022
  3. External Seagate Drive not appearing after Creators Update

We appreciate the feedback, Pete. Getting in touch with Seagate support is one of your options. They may have recent or updated drivers for your external hard drive. In the meantime, since the hard drive is detected again when you unplug and replug it, we
    suggest that you try changing the drive letter and its path and see if it addresses the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Computer Management.
    • Under Storage, click Disk Management.
    • Find your Seagate External Hard Drive, right-click it and select
      Change Drive Letter and Paths
    • Click on Change and select the letter for the drive.
    • Click OK, close all windows, then restart your computer.

Should the issue persists, then we suggest sharing your experience with us through our Feedback Hub. To access the Feedback Hub, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key.
    • Look for Feedback Hub, then click it.
    • In the left pane, click Feedback.
    Let us know should you need further help.

Regards.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 28, 2022
  4. SAWVV Win User

Cannot open external Seagate Expansion Drive after Windows 11 update - Kernel-PnP...

Seagate expansion portable drive not recognised by Windows 10

Yes, Seagate did a good job of explaining what is happening. See below. It is easy to set up the Seagate Expansion Drive to be a backup.

Steve

"Please note, it looks like the drive is seen in Disk Management now. However, the Desktop Expansion drive didn't come with any backup software keyed for the drive since it was marketed as expanded storage
    rather than backup storage. So, you would need to use an alternate software like Windows Backup options.

Please follow these steps to setup Windows File History:

* Click the Start button

* Click Settings > Update & security > Backup > Add a drive

* Choose an external drive for your backups.

Please see these links for more info on Windows 10 backup options:

http://windows.microsoft.com/

Regards,

Darren

Seagate Support
    Cannot open external Seagate Expansion Drive after Windows 11 update - Kernel-PnP... [​IMG]
    "

SAWVV, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Cannot open external Seagate Expansion Drive after Windows 11 update - Kernel-PnP...

1. Cannot open external Seagate Expansion Drive after Windows 11 update - Kernel-PnP... - Similar Threads - Cannot open external

2. Cannot open external Seagate Expansion Drive after Windows 11 update - Kernel-PnP...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open external Seagate Expansion Drive after Windows 11 update - Kernel-PnP...: I recently updated to Windows 11 and although I can see my Seagate device in Disk Management, and it says it is 'Healthy and Active', I cannot open it. I have updated all disk drivers through Windows Update and Seagate drivers.How do I know if the drive is corrupt or whether...
  3. Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive Not Recognised: I have just purchased a Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive which is not recognised by my PC running the latest version of Windows 11. When the drive is plugged in to two different MACs the drive is recognised. I have attempted to resolve the issue by following the guiadance on...
  4. Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive Not Recognised: I have just purchased a Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive which is not recognised by my PC running the latest version of Windows 11. When the drive is plugged in to two different MACs the drive is recognised. I have attempted to resolve the issue by following the guiadance on...
  5. Cannot safely eject my Seagate Expansion Portable Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot safely eject my Seagate Expansion Portable Drive: This is the second time I have not been able to safely eject an external drive. The first one now will not load up and asks me to format it. I have not done that because it has documents on it that I need to recover. It was a different brand and I think it was a Passport...
  6. Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive: I have a seagate expansion drive I want to use as a backup drive on Windows 10 1803. When I go to settings>update and security>backup and select 'add a drive', windows says no usable drives found. I already have content on this drive. It displays in file explorer. I can use...
  7. New laptop - Seagate expansion drive documents won't open

New laptop - Seagate expansion drive documents won't open: Hi, I hope someone can help. I have a new laptop and am trying to open word documents from my Seagate Expansion Drive. They were created in Word 2007 on my old laptop, however I have Windows 10 on my new laptop. The drive is password protected, however when I connect...
  8. Backup not finding my Seagate expansion drive.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup not finding my Seagate expansion drive.: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro Build 1703, prior to my update I was using my external Seagate drive as my backup location, however since the update, backup is not finding the drive. The drive is working perfectly for all other tasks and is shown on Disk Managment as a...
  9. Cannot safely eject Seagate usb Expansion Drive

Cannot safely eject Seagate usb Expansion Drive: I got my new Seagate 2 TB Expansion Drive and made the first image of my new laptop (running Win 10 anniversary build) using Macrium Reflect. All went well, and I closed Macrium, then attempted to eject the external drive from the notification area. I consistently got an...
  10. Seagate Expansion Drive Appearing and then disapearing

Seagate Expansion Drive Appearing and then disapearing: I have a perplexing problem. I have a Seagate 2TB external drive that when I plug it into my USB3 port it appears in Explorer and sometimes I can even navigate through some of its folders. However after 2-5 minutes it just disappears and a message comes up "USB Not...