Windows 10: cannot open file explorer windows 10

Discus and support cannot open file explorer windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have seen many posts on here about windows 10 and how it creates problems opening file explorer. i, too, am having problems. i have done all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeniseDimock, Apr 28, 2019.

1. cannot open file explorer windows 10

i have seen many posts on here about windows 10 and how it creates problems opening file explorer. i, too, am having problems. i have done all the suggestions found here and elsewhere and am currently trying to downgrade to windows 8.1. i went to microsoft and downloaded that version, but now i can't seem to open the setup.exe file and get it actually loaded onto my computer. this is getting more frustrating by the minute since i can't seem to get to anything on file explorer.

any suggestions?

thank you.

:)

DeniseDimock, Apr 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    File explorer will not open on windows 10

As a workaround, we suggest that you follow these steps to access windows explorer using the
    Run dialog box. By doing this, we may identify if you can navigate Windows through this method. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the run dialog box.
    • Type explorer and press Enter.

In case your system will allow you to navigate through this process, we recommend that you continue performing the in-place upgrade procedure.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Sher Amo, Apr 28, 2019
  4. cannot open file explorer windows 10

File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

cannot open file explorer windows 10

1. cannot open file explorer windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot open file

2. File Explorer cannot be Opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer cannot be Opened: Each time I try to open the file explorer my laptop will have a blink and fail to do so. Looks like that system will restart the the file explorer for my each attempt I resetted my pc but kept my personal files yet it didnt work. Before the reset, I googled the solutions and...
  3. File Explorer cannot be Opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer cannot be Opened: Each time I try to open the file explorer my laptop will have a blink and fail to do so. Looks like that system will restart the the file explorer for my each attempt I resetted my pc but kept my personal files yet it didnt work. Before the reset, I googled the solutions and...
  4. Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10: The following message is displayed:"Windows cannot find 'shell....{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again....
  5. Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10: The following message is displayed:"Windows cannot find 'shell....{52205fd8-5dfb-447d-801a-d0b52f2e83e1}'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again....
  6. Cannot open "File Explorer". Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot open "File Explorer"

Cannot open "File Explorer": Note: I confused what type of topics should I use, so I just use topic that relate to "File Explorer":PI already fix this issue okay i am not fix it, but avoid itSo my computer is fine. Be able to use internet, all app is fine. There is no problem.Well.. except that I am not...
  8. Cannot open FTP in File Explorer.

Cannot open FTP in File Explorer.: I am using Windows 10 Pro version 2004. I used to open FTP in File Explorer about 2-3 months ago I am not sure about the version of Windows at that moment. But today when I paste the FTP address into address bar of File Explorer, the link opened in IE instead. All my...
  9. Cannot open any files in file explorer

Cannot open any files in file explorer: Hello, recently my file explorer has stopped working, whenever I try to open anything in the file explorer, on my C: or D: drives, it just shows the following error: [ATTACH] how can I fix this?...
  10. "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens

in Windows 10 Support
    "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens: Hello, I keep getting this error when Windows 10 boots to desktop, when I close it opens file explorer. Any ideas what's this mysterious "-a" file is? 97243

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot open explorer

2. cannot open file from file explorer

3. cannot open windows explorer