Windows 10: Cannot open files in OneDrive folder after migrating to new PC

Discus and support Cannot open files in OneDrive folder after migrating to new PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Get this error message "An unknown error occurred while accessing 'filename' " when i open files that were in my one drive folder on old PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by QECADMIN, Jun 29, 2019.

1. QECADMIN Win User

Cannot open files in OneDrive folder after migrating to new PC

Get this error message "An unknown error occurred while accessing 'filename' " when i open files that were in my one drive folder on old PC.

:)

QECADMIN, Jun 29, 2019

2. This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

Hi Lance,

There are different factors as to why the default location of the documents and pictures folder on your computer is defaulting to OneDrive. One possible reason is that you setup OneDrive as the default save location of your files. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer and from the left-hand panel select the
      Documents
      folder from the list.
    • After selecting the Documents folder, right click on it and select
      properties from the list.
    • Select the Location tab, and click on the Restore Default button. (see screenshot below)

Cannot open files in OneDrive folder after migrating to new PC 13fa8ffd-5e67-4c83-ace3-0aec740681c2.png
    • Select OK and if prompted to create a folder at the default location, click on
      Yes.
    • If you get a prompt to move all files from the old location to the new default location, click on
      Yes.

Once complete the folder properties windows will close by itself and folder should not be using the default location. Take note that these steps apply to the different folder in your computer.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Download from Onedrive to Save Files on PC

Hi!

I have just moved over 500 GB of picture files from my old PC to a new PC using OneDrive. It took a couple of days for the files to download from OneDrive. They now sit on the OneDrive folder on my new PC - only they don't. Every time I open a picture
    file I see a message saying downloading file from OneDrive. If I check the properties of the Pictures Folder within the OneDrive folder it shows I have some 435 GB of 503 GB saved on disk. This suggests that not all parts of the files have been download.

I want to save the files from OneDrive on my C: drive in Pictures folder. What is the best way to do it? Do I Copy or Move the files in the OneDrive folder?

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks, Nick

Nick Baldwin, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Cannot open files in OneDrive folder after migrating to new PC

This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

The folders the you see on This PC are linked to your
    OneDrive
    account, therefore when you open the folder or file, the path automatically routes to OneDrive. To prevent this from happening, we suggest that you unlink your
    OneDrive account by following the steps provided in the previous post. Once you're done, you can then sign back in and change the path of your
    OneDrive folder.

NOTE: OneDrive can sync only with folders on a drive formatted with the NTFS file system, which is most commonly a hard disk drive on your computer, or an external hard disk drive. Portable storage, such as USB flash drives
    or solid state memory drives, use a different file system and won't sync with OneDrive.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Cannot open files in OneDrive folder after migrating to new PC

1. Cannot open files in OneDrive folder after migrating to new PC - Similar Threads - Cannot open files

2. Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC?: Hi folks, I'm most likely being idiotic but, I've just picked up a Zephyrus g14 to replace my Dell XPS 15. I did have another XPS delivered but it arrived wet and despite booting up, bricked after just 24 hours, Dell's aftercare service was appalling and so I decided to...
  3. Cannot Open Folders or Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Open Folders or Files: I copied a folder from my account Account A to another account Account B. I then switched to Account B and tried to open the folder. I received an error message "Application not found". I found that strange so I looked at the folder properties and it clearly identifies in...
  4. Cannot open folders or files in Onedrive using Explorer

Cannot open folders or files in Onedrive using Explorer: This problem has been floating around the forum a bit but I never saw a resolution. When I try to open any files or folders in OneDrive using Explorer, it just sits and the blue circle pointer spins for a minute or two its painfully long then stops spinning ultimately and...
  5. Migrating to new PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Migrating to new PC: Hello, I bought a new PC and wanted to know if the stored credentials and themes on the old PC can be transferred to the new PC. I've already transferred apps and and my documents over to the new PC. It seems the migration tool I used missed the credentials and themes....
  6. OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer: OneDrive folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, etc.) will not open using File Explorer. File Explorer hangs. Folders and files using OneDrive app and OneDrive online work correctly. OneDrive folders do open correctly using a non-Microsoft file manager (TreeSize Personal)....
  7. Activation after migration to a new PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after migration to a new PC.: I recently got a used computer and moved the hard drive from my old computer into the new one. It worked fine for a day, but then I logged in and the Activate Windows watermark appeared on the screen. I do not know what the product key is for my copy of Windows, as my old...
  8. Cannot delete files in OneDrive folders on my PC

Cannot delete files in OneDrive folders on my PC: I'm suddenly finding I can no longer delete any files in the OneDrive folders on my PC, even if OneDrive is no longer running. I've also tried deleting the files with the PC running in safe mode, but they still won't delete. Nothing whatsoever happens when I click on...
  9. OneDrive Folder Cannot Open

OneDrive Folder Cannot Open: I have no idea how this happened. I have reinstalled OneDrive but not working still. When I clicked the "Open Folder" in onedrive, nothing happened. When I clicked the shortcut in the navigation pane in explorer, still nothing happened. But it worked fine when I...
  10. I cannot open folders in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot open folders in OneDrive: Yesterday I configured OneDrive on my PC after I made a clean install of Windows 10. I uploaded the files that I want to sync to OneDrive, mostly Word documents and images that I use for my blogs. In total 3,2 GB. This morning after switching on my PC I noticedthat I cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open files in onedrive explorer

2. cannot open onedrive files

3. CANNOT OPEN ONE DRIVE FOLDERS ON LINE

4. cannot open files in onedrive pc folder