Windows 10: Cannot open files located on OneDrive

Discus and support Cannot open files located on OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi A few weeks ago, I decided to go all-in on OneDrive as it seem now much more mature than ever, trying to keep at one place my work files that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nacquatella, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Cannot open files located on OneDrive

Hi

A few weeks ago, I decided to go all-in on OneDrive as it seem now much more mature than ever, trying to keep at one place my work files that I had over Box, and DropBox.

I have had some issues opening files - that seems that are in a limbo, not yet synced to the cloud, but that in spite of being in my HD I really hope so! I cannot open them still.

When trying to open an Excel file for example, located in my OneDrive it launches Excel as to open the file, but nothing happens - over many minutes...

I have over 18,000 files to sync in tow

I'm starting to worry about this, for real.

Do you guys have presented same issues?

:)

nacquatella, Jan 27, 2020

2. Microsoft office files doesn't open in OneDrive and won't sync in Windows 10.

Hi CauZion,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Delete cached files from Upload Center.

• Go to start menu and open Upload Center for Office.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on 'Delete Cached Files for Office.'
    • Click OK and check if the status.
    I suggest you Change the OneDrive Location in Windows 10 and check if it works.

To change the OneDrive folder location in Windows 10, you have unlink OneDrive from your account and then repeat the setup process:

• Right-click on the OneDrive
      icon in the notification area and then select Settings
    • Select "Settings" and then select "Unlink OneDrive"
    • Follow the setup process again and ensure to select the new drive or location to have OneDrive sync to; you must wait for your files to download again to the new location
    Please note: if you've connected your Windows 10 user account with your Microsoft account, OneDrive won't let you unlink the application. You'll have to unlink your
    Microsoft account from your Windows account first.

Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Cannot open files located on OneDrive

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open files located on OneDrive

1. Cannot open files located on OneDrive - Similar Threads - Cannot open files

2. Open file location opens OneDrive in a browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open file location opens OneDrive in a browser: Recently, I've noticed that when I right-click on a file and select "Open file location" in File Explorer, Windows does not open it in File Explorer as it used to, but it launches my default browser and opens this folder in the OneDrive Web App. I have no idea how to set it...
  3. Open file location opens OneDrive in a browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open file location opens OneDrive in a browser: Recently, I've noticed that when I right-click on a file and select "Open file location" in File Explorer, Windows does not open it in File Explorer as it used to, but it launches my default browser and opens this folder in the OneDrive Web App. I have no idea how to set it...
  4. "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..: I think the title sums up this annoying issue, but I'll elaborate anyway for the sake of clarity:When I right click on a program in the Start menu and click on "Open file location" it should, by right, open the location of the file, but it never does. It always opens the...
  5. "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..

"Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..: I think the title sums up this annoying issue, but I'll elaborate anyway for the sake of clarity:When I right click on a program in the Start menu and click on "Open file location" it should, by right, open the location of the file, but it never does. It always opens the...
  6. Cannot locate App File Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  7. Cannot open a txt file from Onedrive

Cannot open a txt file from Onedrive: When I try to open it, I get an error that the file is not found but I can open it from my PC.It points to...
  8. Cannot open a txt file from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open a txt file from Onedrive: When I try to open it, I get an error that the file is not found but I can open it from my PC.It points to...
  9. Cannot open a txt file from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Open file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Open file location: When I select "Open file location" it opens the program folder. EDIT: The issue may be that I used "ProgramLocation\ProgramName" "FileLocation\FileName" to open the file because it is Excel and this prevents it opening in the same instance. EDIT 2: That is the problem,...