Windows 10: Cannot open files

Discus and support Cannot open files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi- Used Laplink Pcmover Pro to transfer my files from my old computer to the new. Problem is that now I can't open pictures, documents, music on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by uphogger, Feb 23, 2016.

1. uphogger Win User

Cannot open files

Hi- Used Laplink Pcmover Pro to transfer my files from my old computer to the new. Problem is that now I can't open pictures, documents, music on the new computer. Keep getting message that I need permission to open this file.

:)

uphogger, Feb 23, 2016

2. Cannot open files

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply, the version of Microsoft Excel I use is 2007. Not sure what you mean by does this occur with a "specific excel file". The data I'm trying to view is from an Microsoft Excel (non
    commercial use) version. I hope this helps.

terrykitteridge, Feb 23, 2016
  3. Cannot open files

Hi

I have been trying to open a file from a Microsoft Office Excel programme but when I click on the person that I want details of it come back with : This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
    administrator.

I have recently downloaded Windows 10.

terrykitteridge, Feb 23, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Cannot open files

5. uphogger Win User
    Thanks, I'll give it a try

uphogger, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot open files

1. Cannot open files - Similar Threads - Cannot open files

2. Cannot Open Rename File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Open Rename File: I have been experiencing this problem since I updated windows 10. How can rename my file that it won't affect my downloaded renamed file? PLease do help i have to save photos but it won't open if renamed, but there are tons to be saved. Please...
  3. File cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File cannot be opened: Hello,Sometime, I find, for example, a pdf file directory start with "\\?:\D:\" instead of "D:\", which makes it cannot be opened.What are the possibilities for this and how can I solve it?Thank you,...
  4. File cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File cannot be opened: Hello,Sometime, I find, for example, a pdf file directory start with "\\?:\D:\" instead of "D:\", which makes it cannot be opened.What are the possibilities for this and how can I solve it?Thank you,...
  5. File cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cannot open HTML files

Cannot open HTML files: I am struggling to suddenly not be able to open my HTML files that edit on Expression Web 4. I am using windows 10 ver 1903 I get the error message Server Error:The server extensions were unable to access the file E:\New Volume\4_para_sqn_re\lincolnshire_page1.htm Please...
  7. Cannot open files

Cannot open files: I can't open any of the files created in Windows 7 and saved to Dropbox in Windows 10. A box pops up "...file cannot be opened or retrieved: the file cannot be found." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-files/7ea8c3c7-dbd7-4aeb-a11e-446f5f295986"
  8. cannot open file

cannot open file: I am facing a new problem. why not this file open and I try several time. can anyone have this solution [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-file/384d2e97-4abc-4947-ade5-14810131338e"
  9. Cannot open files

Cannot open files: I cannot open files because there is no app that should perform the action. How to install this app or create an association in the default apps setting page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-files/68dd7bcc-b8cc-4fb8-a249-e680ef9516b3"
  10. "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens

in Windows 10 Support
    "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens: Hello, I keep getting this error when Windows 10 boots to desktop, when I close it opens file explorer. Any ideas what's this mysterious "-a" file is? 97243