Windows 10: Cannot open folders/files encrypted by fingerprint in Windows 7 after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot open folders/files encrypted by fingerprint in Windows 7 after upgrading to Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear all, When in Windows 7, I encrypted my folders/files using the fingerprint sensor on my Toshiba R830. It was working very well. However, after... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CheeSeng_Sgp, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Cannot open folders/files encrypted by fingerprint in Windows 7 after upgrading to Windows 10

Dear all,

When in Windows 7, I encrypted my folders/files using the fingerprint sensor on my Toshiba R830. It was working very well.

However, after I have upgraded to Windows 10, and even after properly setting up the fingerprint sensor with the right device driver, when I try to open those encrypted files, it asked for my finger scan and then said that the key file is missing and asked me to provide the path to the key file. Other than this, the Windows 10 is working very well on my R830.

Where do I find that key file? I am desperate to get those encrypted files.

Please help me to resolve this problem. Thanks.

:)

CheeSeng_Sgp, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Cannot open folders/files encrypted by fingerprint in Windows 7 after upgrading to Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open folders/files encrypted by fingerprint in Windows 7 after upgrading to Windows 10

1. Cannot open folders/files encrypted by fingerprint in Windows 7 after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot open folders

2. Encrypted files dont open after reinistall windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypted files dont open after reinistall windows 10: Hello everyoneUnfortunately, I had already locked a folder with the user by right clicking, propertiesadvanced, Encrypt contents to secure data And I forgot to decrypt before installation.I searched a lot on different sites.Is there really no solution? Do you need a file that...
  3. Encrypted files dont open after reinistall windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted files dont open after reinistall windows 10: Hello everyoneUnfortunately, I had already locked a folder with the user by right clicking, propertiesadvanced, Encrypt contents to secure data And I forgot to decrypt before installation.I searched a lot on different sites.Is there really no solution? Do you need a file that...
  4. Encrypted files dont open after reinistall windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot use encrypted files after reinstalling windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot use encrypted files after reinstalling windows 10?: i'm using windows 10. after reinstalling new windows, my old file has been encrypted. I cannot open or coppy them. it says that only old account in windows before reinstalling can access these file. What do I have to do to use these files normally?...
  6. Cannot use encrypted files after reinstalling windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use encrypted files after reinstalling windows 10?: i'm using windows 10. after reinstalling new windows, my old file has been encrypted. I cannot open or coppy them. it says that only old account in windows before reinstalling can access these file. What do I have to do to use these files normally?...
  7. Cannot use encrypted files after reinstalling windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot Open Settings After Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Open Settings After Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I upgraded old Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 and have had a devil of a time troubleshooting an issue where Settings and all related apps Windows Update, etc will not open. When selected, a window briefly opens and then closes; sometimes it takes a few seconds, other times it...
  9. Windows 7 Cannot Upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Cannot Upgrade to Windows 10: So, I'm currently trying to upgrade an HP Pavilion a1520n, Windows 7 Home 32-bit, to Windows 10 Home 32-bit. However, it's proven to be quite stubborn, as I keep getting a bluescreen which is:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when I try through USB, waiting it out, while the Windows 10...
  10. Recover encrypted files after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover encrypted files after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hi, I did the following: 1. Was using Windows 7 and had a directory of encrypted files 2. Replaced the motherboard and CPU, added a new SSD as the system drive (C:) , and added the previous system drive as an additional drive (G:) 3. Clean installed Windows 10 on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. encrypted file system windows 7 using fingerprint utility

2. unable to decrypt finger print file toshiba r830