Windows 10: Cannot open HTML files

Discus and support Cannot open HTML files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am struggling to suddenly not be able to open my HTML files that edit on Expression Web 4. I am using windows 10 ver 1903 I get the error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenMcLaughlin4, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Cannot open HTML files

I am struggling to suddenly not be able to open my HTML files that edit on Expression Web 4. I am using windows 10 ver 1903
    I get the error message

Server Error:The server extensions were unable to access the file E:\New Volume\4_para_sqn_re\lincolnshire_page1.htm

Please check the file permissions.

Contact your internet service provider or Web Server administrator for more information

and sometimes the message

Server Error: the server extensions were unable to access the file E:\New Volume\4_para_sqn_re\lincolnshire_page1.htm please check the file permissions
    Contact your internet service provider or Web Server administrator for more information
    I get the same error message across all the HTML files

I am the administrator and have adjusted the access options every which way but without success

Any help appreciated

:)

StephenMcLaughlin4, Apr 27, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How To Open HTML Files

Hi Doug,

You can open HTML files with Internet Explorer or the Edge Browser . . .

Right click an HTML file, choose Open - With

On the resulting dialog, check the box marked 'Always open html file . .. '

Then in the list look for Edge or Internet Explorer

If they do not appear, scroll to the bottom of that list and click 'More Apps' to find them

DaveM121, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Cannot open HTML files

IE favourites names too long to import - need to edit html

Hi Ford,

I appreciate you for providing the details of the issue.

I suggest you to perform below steps, if you are comfortable in editing html file.

Follow the steps below.

• Right Click on Favorites file and Click on Open with Notepad.
    • Edit and shorten Favorite name after the Url link.
    • Click on Save.
    To import file try the below step.

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on the Star > "Add to Favorites" drop-down > "Import and Export"

• Mark a box "Import from a file".

• Click the Next button.

• Mark a box "Favorites".

• On the next screen, using a Browse button find a file "bookmarks.html", highlight it, and click OPEN.

• Click on "Next" button.

• Click on "Import" button.

• Click on "Finish" button.
    Disclaimer: Make sure to backup Favorites file.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open HTML files

1. Cannot open HTML files - Similar Threads - Cannot open HTML

2. Trouble with HTML files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble with HTML files: I am having troubles trying to access HTML files when they are put in a new folder.Once the file zoomable map is downloaded, I use save as, I can access it all the time, but if I try to file it in another folder then open, it will not open the map, it only displays a lot of...
  3. Trouble with HTML files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with HTML files: I am having troubles trying to access HTML files when they are put in a new folder.Once the file zoomable map is downloaded, I use save as, I can access it all the time, but if I try to file it in another folder then open, it will not open the map, it only displays a lot of...
  4. Trouble with HTML files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HTML files are not opening in Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HTML files are not opening in Chrome: Chrome is set as a default browser, but HTML files are not opening in Chrome but they do get opened in edge and mozilla?Issue replicated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html-files-are-not-opening-in-chrome/20adb595-28e2-4147-a68e-b8a1f813f30a
  6. HTML files are not opening in Chrome

HTML files are not opening in Chrome: Chrome is set as a default browser, but HTML files are not opening in Chrome but they do get opened in edge and mozilla?Issue replicated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html-files-are-not-opening-in-chrome/20adb595-28e2-4147-a68e-b8a1f813f30a
  7. HTML file troubleshooting

HTML file troubleshooting: Hello,I created a HTML file which contains an img tag linking to the local folder MyImage on C: but when opening it with the browser only the alt is displayed. I tried all the solutions found on the web but none of them is fixing the issue. It seems to be a security issue as...
  8. How to open a .html file in Edge in PowerShell script"

How to open a .html file in Edge in PowerShell script": What do I have to do to open a local .html file in MS Edge? This works from command line: & "C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" C:\Users\bernie\Desktop\combined_homework.html I've tried all of the methods below, and none work. I thought this...
  9. Local .html files opening with file in Chrome/Edge

Local .html files opening with file in Chrome/Edge: By default, when you right-click on an .html file in Windows Explorer, it opens with the header "file://" instead of "html://". Is there a way to change this default behavior in Windows, or is this something that is native to Edge/Chrome that is causing the issue?...
  10. Double click doesn't open htm/html files

Double click doesn't open htm/html files: Hi, in my new Hp EliteBook 850 G4, I've a very strange issue. I can't try a restore, since company gave me it after configurating it and updating to the last version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Windows Update, and the issue was from the beginning. I've Microsoft Edge,...