Windows 10: Cannot open Iso file

Discus and support Cannot open Iso file in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I downloaded an ISO file and now I am trying to access it.When I click on it the Windows explorer tab freezes. When I click around I get the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AhmedMostafa-2409, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Cannot open Iso file

I downloaded an ISO file and now I am trying to access it.When I click on it the Windows explorer tab freezes. When I click around I get the sound prompt like I am supposed to click somewhere but I dont see any window pop up asking for anything.I tried mounting it but the Windows explorer tab freezes again.

:)

AhmedMostafa-2409, Jan 15, 2022
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Jan 15, 2022
  4. timta2 Win User

Cannot open Iso file

Need ISO maker

Um, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UDF the DVD format?

"The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but an ISO image might also contain a UDF file system."

Optical disc image - Wikipedia

timta2, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

Cannot open Iso file

1. Cannot open Iso file - Similar Threads - Cannot open Iso

2. how to open ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to open ISO file: I have downloaded a file in Window 11 now open THAT ISO folder can someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-iso-file/9b33e143-eb98-4d2c-966a-f7ab4975b08b
  3. how to open ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to open ISO file: I have downloaded a file in Window 11 now open THAT ISO folder can someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-iso-file/9b33e143-eb98-4d2c-966a-f7ab4975b08b
  4. Cannot open Iso file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open Iso file: I downloaded an ISO file and now I am trying to access it.When I click on it the Windows explorer tab freezes. When I click around I get the sound prompt like I am supposed to click somewhere but I dont see any window pop up asking for anything.I tried mounting it but the...
  5. File cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File cannot be opened: Hello,Sometime, I find, for example, a pdf file directory start with "\\?:\D:\" instead of "D:\", which makes it cannot be opened.What are the possibilities for this and how can I solve it?Thank you,...
  6. ISO? Open with ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO? Open with ???: I'm trying to download the latest Windows 10 ISO on an Ubuntu-cursed computer (long story) and I have the option to save to file or open with disk image viewer or burner or something. I've just wasted thirty minutes on a failed download that gave me a box telling me...
  7. Suddenly cant open ISO files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly cant open ISO files.: As the title says. Over the past few weeks I have suddenly been unable to open iso files. When I try to mount one, my PC hangs for several minutes before coming up with the error saying "Sorry, unable to mount that file". I have tried everything I can online. The only thing...
  8. cannot open file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot open file: I am facing a new problem. why not this file open and I try several time. can anyone have this solution [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-file/384d2e97-4abc-4947-ade5-14810131338e"
  9. .iso Associations corrupted. Cannot mount .iso files !! Cannot Repair!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    .iso Associations corrupted. Cannot mount .iso files !! Cannot Repair!: Hi guys. When I try and mount an .iso explorer freezes and locks up. I've tried setting default programs, changing file associations, installing different image software like Poweriso, Dameon Tools etc., nothing works. I simply cannot handle .iso files for some reason. Can...
  10. Cannot open files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open files: Hi- Used Laplink Pcmover Pro to transfer my files from my old computer to the new. Problem is that now I can't open pictures, documents, music on the new computer. Keep getting message that I need permission to open this file. 41881