Windows 10: Cannot open jpeg files

Discus and support Cannot open jpeg files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ?? I am trying to work with images and I cannot open jeg files.. the windows photo view is not the option. Please help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MelodyShelton, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Cannot open jpeg files

?? I am trying to work with images and I cannot open jeg files.. the windows photo view is not the option. Please help!

:)

MelodyShelton, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jan 30, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Cannot open jpeg files :)

jaydeee, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Cannot open jpeg files

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Cannot open jpeg files

1. Cannot open jpeg files - Similar Threads - Cannot open jpeg

2. Cannot copy, open, replace, or delete jpeg files!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot copy, open, replace, or delete jpeg files!: I am using Windows 10 Home on a Lenovo computer. I was copying JPEG files from one Toshiba Canvio 2TB portable hard drive to another. A number of files would not copy error message - "Can't read from the source file or disk" and they would not open on the original drive....
  3. Cannot copy, open, replace, or delete jpeg files!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot copy, open, replace, or delete jpeg files!: I am using Windows 10 Home on a Lenovo computer. I was copying JPEG files from one Toshiba Canvio 2TB portable hard drive to another. A number of files would not copy error message - "Can't read from the source file or disk" and they would not open on the original drive....
  4. Cannot copy, open, replace, or delete jpeg files!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 cannot open jpg/jpeg files

Windows 10 cannot open jpg/jpeg files: Whenever I try to open a jog or jpeg file I get the message that this file type is not supported. Has anyone else had this problem.?How can I fix it? Thanks...
  6. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files: Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004 Installed on - 2020-07-16 OS build - 19041.388 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  7. Cannot open Jpegs

Cannot open Jpegs: Hi, I am unable to open jpegs in Windows. I click on a file and I get a pop up stating 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.' I have watched countless videos on YouTube claiming a miracle...
  8. Can not open jpeg files

Can not open jpeg files: Updated Windows 10 last night and now I can't access any jpeg files. All I get is the message "Package not found". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-jpeg-files/ec54d0d5-2d07-4027-a6ef-5f06b1c9848d"
  9. Error opening JPEG files

Error opening JPEG files: When I attempt to open a .JPG file holding a photograph, I get the message "Invalid value for registry". I never had any problem opening these files before. How do I fix this and get to my photos?...
  10. Opening JPEG files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening JPEG files: How can I get Windows 10 to open my JPEG files? The system suddenly decided to tell me it was unable to open my photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpeg-files/a69fd195-ca55-4a53-acf0-87e0a756b387

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot open jpeg file