Windows 10: Cannot open .jpg files and .mp4 files imported from phone to PC

Discus and support Cannot open .jpg files and .mp4 files imported from phone to PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I imported my photos and videos from my Samsung smartphone into a memory card, after that I tried to open the images on my computer but it gives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by #memo, Dec 17, 2019.

1. #memo Win User

Cannot open .jpg files and .mp4 files imported from phone to PC

Hi,

I imported my photos and videos from my Samsung smartphone into a memory card, after that I tried to open the images on my computer but it gives me that the file format is not supported, knowing that I have other jpg images on my PC and they work properly.

I copied the images on the computer but also not working. I changed the default program in the control panel and this also didn't work.

It seems that the files have corrupted while importing them. but unfortunately, I formatted the phone and sell it to somebody. what should I do to open the files?

:)

#memo, Dec 17, 2019
  2. gasolin Win User

Convert vob files into mp4 (chromecast)

I have draged the files from videos (dvd's) on to my pc, now i need to convert them from vob into mp4 video so i can watch it using my chromecast (have bought my first media server).

My problem is i want it converted into one video i can click on and press play, because it's chromecast it has to be mp4 but most programs i have tried like handbreak makes the video smaller or bigger then the original size on the dvd or just converts the 10-15 vob files into 10-15 mp4 files, not one file i can click on and play. I want it losless not compromised

After that i can start ripping dvd's in mp4 instead of just draggin the files into a folder and right click on the folder and choose to play it with vlc.

What program can do that? I want a free program but if i have to i will pay for it if it's a good program that's better then all the free program, as long as it works, convert the video into one video file in mp4

gasolin, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Cannot open .jpg files and .mp4 files imported from phone to PC

USB doesn't display MP4 file!

I have a 300kb mix of .png, .jpg, .pdf files on a 4Gb USB drive. I added a 2Gb MP4 movie but it doesn't display in the drive files. I used CCleaner to check the drive F files .. it only shows up as 2Gb of OTHER FILES, but not in the listed files.

Any (constructive) suggestions welcome. I can't remove it as it doesn't show in the file list.

GregNeedsHelp, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Cannot open .jpg files and .mp4 files imported from phone to PC

1. Cannot open .jpg files and .mp4 files imported from phone to PC - Similar Threads - Cannot open jpg

2. Windows 10 cannot open jpg/jpeg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot open jpg/jpeg files: Whenever I try to open a jog or jpeg file I get the message that this file type is not supported. Has anyone else had this problem.?How can I fix it? Thanks...
  3. MP4 and JPG Files will not load on my laptop

MP4 and JPG Files will not load on my laptop: Just uploaded new files from my samsung tablet and they will not open or play on the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-and-jpg-files-will-not-load-on-my-laptop/3a07ed98-687c-419e-b30a-56f4d697e0b9
  4. jpg file not open

jpg file not open: when I open the JPG file that it show the error "It appear that we don't support this file format" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-file-not-open/95f60993-27de-4d6b-921a-cc7e048a516c
  5. JPG file won't open

JPG file won't open: When I click to open a J-pg file, I get an error message saying" it can't open this file."How do I open it? * Moved from Education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-file-wont-open/6698131b-ab10-4ef0-9a90-97b7295f87f2"
  6. not open jpg file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not open jpg file: package failed updates dependency or conflict validation messege show when jpg file open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-open-jpg-file/bae427ee-1750-4225-91c1-ce391fc9983f
  7. can't open jpg file

can't open jpg file: I am not able to open a jpeg/jpg file in win 10 system which I have bought earlier while I was doing the same with the win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-jpg-file/e6289ee6-ced8-44c6-807c-cddbb70db2ec"
  8. JPG files won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    JPG files won't open: I updated my computer based on your recent push on July 11, 2018. Since I did the update, I cannot open my jpg files. I keep receiving "File Error (-2147219196). I've attempted to restore it to the last restore point on July 9, 2018. However this does not fix the problem....
  9. Opening JPG files?

in Browsers and Email
    Opening JPG files?: He guys! Just wondering if you can program windows to open up JPG image files via the Edge Browser? 14761
  10. Cannot import .reg. Error opening the file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot import .reg. Error opening the file.: ...There may be a disk or file system error. Happens when double-clicking reg-file on the NAS-share, which is mapped as a network drive. User is a user with admin rights (membership of Administrators group), and it is the first and only user that was created while W10 was...