Windows 10: Cannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive

Discus and support Cannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't open a drive that appears to be a local disk (H:) in This PC. I get a message, "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bill Budenholzer, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Cannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive

I can't open a drive that appears to be a local disk (HCannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive :) in This PC. I get a message, "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." If I click Continue, I get, "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab."

Disk H: does not appear in Disk Management.

There is no security tab when I click on the link. How do I fix this. I'd like to clear the space / get rid of the drive / or at least see what it thinks is in there.

Cannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive 726ab935-c47e-4e0f-aa6f-5ded024b08c5?upload=true.png

Cannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive d25946d5-c5e9-4334-adce-a7abcbb55674?upload=true.png

:)

Bill Budenholzer, Jul 10, 2019
  2. gasolin Win User

High performance silent cd/dvd/blueray drive

Talking about hifi over at whathifi and suddenly it hit me, why did i buy a marantz cd5005? (it's damm good for the money)

Sometimes i borrow cd's and dvd's from my local libary (you can do that for free in denmark) and even when i have a surround system i often watch movies on my pc.

I use my pc alot so why not keep using it for cd's and dvd's?

A very noisy cd/dvd player, so why did i buy a marantz cd player instead of a high end cd/dvd player for my pc?

Could anyone recommed my one cd/dvd player (blueray player would be nice to have) that is silent like a hifi cdplayer and is fast at loading/playing cd/dvd,blueray's also one with good sound if we can talk about a cd/dvd,blueray drive for a pc having a very good sound (from the unit to my audioquest dragonfly usb dac)

gasolin, Jul 10, 2019
  3. gasolin Win User

Not shure about sound quality from a blueray player when i play cd's,dvd,blueray concerts,music in general, if theres any loss in sound quality before the sound goes into my dac
    (might as well buy a blueray player since it would make more sense to upgrade my noisy cd/dvdplayer,don't need a burner) .

I'm interested in a blueray players that are inaudioble (noise from the player like the disc spinning) so i can use my silent pc to play cd/dvd,bluerays with no distracting noise
    from the blueray player?

gasolin, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Cannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive

Usually any dvd/blueray drives can do. When you play video they would be spinning at 1x speed. I use a slim optical disk drive like the one in my signature and a buffalo dvd drive probably a sony Optiarc inside. For drives I would tell you to avoid Panasonic or Matsushita like the plague, I am using them now. They are extremely locked down and resistant/immune to any open-firmware RPC1 updates to remove region locking. Their really picky for type of media to be read cds that does not match its region it is build in. Any other brand aside from Panasonic Matsushita would work decently.

MIRTAZAPINE, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Cannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive

1. Cannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive - Similar Threads - Cannot open local

2. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager: External USB CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager or file explorer. All other USB devices work correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive-not-appearing-in-device-manager/f6ef9a8e-fc9d-4952-994f-8c96f04105ad
  3. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager: External USB CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager or file explorer. All other USB devices work correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive-not-appearing-in-device-manager/f6ef9a8e-fc9d-4952-994f-8c96f04105ad
  4. CD/DVD drive not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CD Drive changes into local disk

CD Drive changes into local disk: hello, I'm facing a problem in windows 10 , my CD drive changes into Local Disk , I mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem .[ATTACH]...
  6. I can not open the cd/dvd disk drive.

I can not open the cd/dvd disk drive.: I can not open the cd/dvd disk drive. There is no button to push. The computer is a dell vastro. Its a CPU not laptop. So please any one help me regarding this issue.Thanks for your forthcoming response....
  7. blueray DVD

blueray DVD: does not recognize blueray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blueray-dvd/833353d1-a277-4cc6-b817-89839af8cd3d
  8. BlueRay DVD P

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BlueRay DVD P: I have a BlueRay DVD player that I almost never use. However, recently I tried to play a DVD with it that was produced in 2018. I assume the DVD is a standard DVD. I'm a bit confused about DVDs. Anyway, in playing this new DVD it was totally surprised that the picture...
  9. BlueRay DVD P

in Windows 10 Support
    BlueRay DVD P: I have a BlueRay DVD player that I almost never use. However, recently I tried to play a DVD with it that was produced in 2018. I assume the DVD is a standard DVD. I'm a bit confused about DVDs. Anyway, in playing this new DVD it was totally surprised that the picture...
  10. cd or disk drive opening

cd or disk drive opening: Hi please assist on how to open a disk drive on Lenovo window 10 laptop * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-or-disk-drive-opening/ac469bb3-3565-4ac5-a022-e3b07321b002

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local disk h not opening