Windows 10: Cannot open Mail app and Microsoft Store

Discus and support Cannot open Mail app and Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After a Windows Update occurred on my computer I lost many programs and now I cannot use my "mail" icon Microsoft Store. Each time I press the icons... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MariaFEz, Jul 14, 2020.

1. MariaFEz Win User

Cannot open Mail app and Microsoft Store

After a Windows Update occurred on my computer I lost many programs and now I cannot use my "mail" icon Microsoft Store. Each time I press the icons nothing happens. I have attempted to restart my computer several times, logged out and logged back in, nothing. What can I do?

:)

MariaFEz, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot open Mail app and Microsoft Store :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 14, 2020
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot open Mail app and Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Cannot open Mail

2. Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open: I recently had a problem with my pc turning on, so reset it and thought everything was fixed, until I realised that some apps including Microsoft Store, Photos and Mail will not open. When I try to open Microsoft Store and Mail, the icon shrinks as if opening normally, but...
  3. Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open: I recently had a problem with my pc turning on, so reset it and thought everything was fixed, until I realised that some apps including Microsoft Store, Photos and Mail will not open. When I try to open Microsoft Store and Mail, the icon shrinks as if opening normally, but...
  4. cannot open app store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open app store: cannot open app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-app-store/868af4cf-cf7a-4638-b4fe-92fdb025d5a9
  5. cannot open app store

cannot open app store: cannot open app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-app-store/868af4cf-cf7a-4638-b4fe-92fdb025d5a9
  6. I cannot open the Microsoft store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot open the Microsoft store app: Error 0x80131500 when opening the Store app what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-the-microsoft-store-app/ccf7d7b4-e27a-4515-b066-57f356bcb7c8
  7. I cannot open the Microsoft store app

I cannot open the Microsoft store app: Error 0x80131500 when opening the Store app what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-the-microsoft-store-app/ccf7d7b4-e27a-4515-b066-57f356bcb7c8
  8. Microsoft Store App cannot be opened

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store App cannot be opened: i have 2 windows 10 installed in my pc, ssd1 and ssd2. one time, i tried to access my ssd1 user folder\Downloads from another windows 10 installation in ssd2. First timei tried to access, it asking for permission and i clicked OK. and it tooks like 10 to 15 minutes trying to...
  9. Microsoft Mail app is not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Mail app is not opening: I am not able to open microsoft mail app.. getting the error "We’re updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-app-is-not-opening/9b424bb4-5fae-4412-b42c-49c985a10d4f"
  10. Cannot open mail app settings

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open mail app settings: Hi For the longest time, the mail app has been working well. But this morning, I noticed that it hadn't synced with my IMAP server since yesterday so I tried to edit the settings. When I click on edit settings, the settings window opens but I cannot open the settings of...