Windows 10: Cannot open Microsoft files on a Microsoft computer running Microsoft OS

Discus and support Cannot open Microsoft files on a Microsoft computer running Microsoft OS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Surface laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. I cannot open files from folders. Ever. the system stalls and I get the Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YolandaKowalewski, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Cannot open Microsoft files on a Microsoft computer running Microsoft OS

I have a Surface laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. I cannot open files from folders. Ever. the system stalls and I get the Not Responding message.

Please help. This is infuriating, and I can't work like this.

:)

YolandaKowalewski, Jun 29, 2019

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Jun 29, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Jun 29, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Cannot open Microsoft files on a Microsoft computer running Microsoft OS

microsoft word 2003

Is it just one file, or all your word files?

With the exception of Outlook, I have yet to find a reason to stop using Office 2000, 2003, and 2007. They open all the latest files just fine, and they work just fine.

newtekie1, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Cannot open Microsoft files on a Microsoft computer running Microsoft OS

1. Cannot open Microsoft files on a Microsoft computer running Microsoft OS - Similar Threads - Cannot open Microsoft

2. microsoft store cannot open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store cannot open: Hello. I hope this message finds you well. I cannot open Microsoft store. I have to download Affinity products I bought some time ago. I cannot download them from the official website since I do not have the keys. The Microsoft store does not open. I tried with or without...
  3. cannot open microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open microsoft store: I cannot open microsoft store on my laptop. It always shows a loading failure, but my network is fine. The error code is 0x80131500. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-microsoft-store/cde734e5-4ea0-4b4f-9642-4b3bcd00dfc7
  4. Cannot Open Microsoft Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Open Microsoft Notepad: I use Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19044 Build 19044.I enter "Notepad" in Start box in lower left hand corner. The app selection for Notepad appears.I select open.The little Notepad icon displays on the tray at the bottom of screen.I click on Notepad icon, but it does not...
  5. Cannot Open Microsoft Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Microsoft Notepad: I use Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19044 Build 19044.I enter "Notepad" in Start box in lower left hand corner. The app selection for Notepad appears.I select open.The little Notepad icon displays on the tray at the bottom of screen.I click on Notepad icon, but it does not...
  6. Cannot Open Microsoft Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot open Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open Microsoft Store: I cannot open Microsoft store after reset application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-microsoft-store/9e8122f0-d743-43a6-bf2a-c8b52bfb5e57
  8. Cannot Open Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Microsoft Store: When I try, it says "Try that again". I've run the MS Store Troubleshooter and tried all the suggestions, to no avail. So then I click "Report this problem". Then I try to sign into Feedback Hub, and it says: "Something went wrong". Help, please!...
  9. Cannot Open Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Open Microsoft Store: When I try, it says "Try that again". I've run the MS Store Troubleshooter and tried all the suggestions, to no avail. So then I click "Report this problem". Then I try to sign into Feedback Hub, and it says: "Something went wrong". Help, please!...
  10. Cannot open Microsoft Jigsaw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open Microsoft Jigsaw: I used to be able to use Microsoft Jigsaw and had at least 20 puzzle categories "under my belt". All of a sudden I cannot get into the game at all! It is very frustrating, especially because I reset Microsoft Jigsaw. That eliminated a lot of my "coins" as well as ALL of my...