Windows 10: Cannot open Microsoft office and adobe reader unless Open the application as an administrator

Discus and support Cannot open Microsoft office and adobe reader unless Open the application as an administrator in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today after I bought the Microsoft 365, after installation I attempted to open Microsoft words, when I double-click on the icon the small loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yibinTeo, Jun 11, 2019.

1. yibinTeo Win User

Cannot open Microsoft office and adobe reader unless Open the application as an administrator

Today after I bought the Microsoft 365, after installation I attempted to open Microsoft words, when I double-click on the icon the small loading circle appears for a second and nothing happened, after numerous attempts, I try to open it as an administrator and it works. This situation also applies to adobe reader

:)

yibinTeo, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Microsoft Edge vs Adobe Reader

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Control panel.

• Select Default Programs.

• Click on Adobe Reader and set that application as Default.
    If the issue persist follow the steps below.

• Open Default Program.

• Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

• Select any pdf file Extension.

• Click on Change program.

• Select Adobe Reader.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge vs Adobe Reader

Hi Arun, I have followed your instructions and so far it works OK.

Thanks for your help!

JennyYehYeh, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Cannot open Microsoft office and adobe reader unless Open the application as an administrator

Adobe Reader not opening

Hi Albert,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Reader DC
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Adobe Reader DC:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Look for Adobe Reader DC
      and right click on it and click on uninstall.

• Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Cannot open Microsoft office and adobe reader unless Open the application as an administrator

1. Cannot open Microsoft office and adobe reader unless Open the application as an administrator - Similar Threads - Cannot open Microsoft

2. The application cannot be opened.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The application cannot be opened.: There is a problem with the feedback center,please contact your administrator, to learn about fixing or reinstalling the application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-cannot-be-opened/633a3a03-6649-46ad-9d68-066959fd151e
  3. Chrome and Adobe Reader open and immediately close

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome and Adobe Reader open and immediately close: Really strange problem. Owner has Windows 10 Home. His first complaint was that in trying to open a pdf, it would open and immediately close. Took over the PC and he was right. Went to open Chrome and same thing happened. Everything else, all programs normal. First, ran...
  4. Adobe Reader : opens then closes immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Reader : opens then closes immediately: Hello community. Have problem on Adobe reader 11. When user opens any PDF files it closes itself automatically. I removed it by its cleaner. i did all solutions found on Google & Youtube. OS is Windows 10 x64 LTSC. Any ideas how to solve it without reinstalling a...
  5. can't run adobe cs3 or word unless i open as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't run adobe cs3 or word unless i open as administrator: Restored my computer and now Adobe CS3, word, and a couple other programs will not open unless I open as administrator. Dragon naturally speaking won't open at all. Can someone help?...
  6. Can not open Office or Adobe Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not open Office or Adobe Programs: Hello I keep having a recurring problem where office and adobe programs will cease to open on several computers. The only way to get them to run is to run them as administrator. I notice that after a restart I can open each program once before they are unable to be opened...
  7. I cannot open recent files (Excel, Word, Adobe reader)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot open recent files (Excel, Word, Adobe reader): Previously when I wanted to open a recent file, I just right clicked the app in the start menu and selected the file. I currently see the recent files but cannot open them. I am not sure when it started but probably after update....
  8. Cannot open any Microsoft application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot open any Microsoft application: Dear, Since I have my computer, I cannot open any microsoft pre-installed applications (calculator, skype, application store, Alarms & clock....) Upon I click on it, the app is opening but after 2-3 sec. it shut down. Please help. Thank you. Best regards, Maxime...
  9. Cannot open applications!

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open applications!: My friend is having a problem where when he powers on his HP Notebook 17-x101na laptop. When he powers it on the start screen comes on but when he presses Enter to get to the log in screen nothing happens. He presses Ctrl+Alt+Del and then he gets the log in screen. On the...
  10. Adobe PDF Reader Doesn't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe PDF Reader Doesn't Open: I recently installed the adobe PDF reader. When I open the program it says the file is corrupted and will find a solution, will close. I have uninstalled and reinstalled didn't solve the program. The reader is set as the default. How do I solve problem? Thanks in advance. 56036