Windows 10: Cannot open onedrive files as now requesting Windows Hello PIN - and I have never created one

Discus and support Cannot open onedrive files as now requesting Windows Hello PIN - and I have never created one in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I use onedrive and have recently had a problem opening both excel and word. When I click on the file and open in excel, it then AGAIN asks for my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Polly C, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Polly C Win User

Cannot open onedrive files as now requesting Windows Hello PIN - and I have never created one

I use onedrive and have recently had a problem opening both excel and word. When I click on the file and open in excel, it then AGAIN asks for my email / password - even though I have already logged onto onedrive.

When I then key in my email / password, I get the following screens:

Cannot open onedrive files as now requesting Windows Hello PIN - and I have never created one c91a9583-abaa-4315-baa4-7ab8d63bb085?upload=true.jpg

Cannot open onedrive files as now requesting Windows Hello PIN - and I have never created one 982004c5-47fc-4b57-a9d1-1fe4b976142c?upload=true.jpg

Cannot open onedrive files as now requesting Windows Hello PIN - and I have never created one cc4ff6ae-12f4-4a84-8167-005eed33890f?upload=true.jpg

Then I get the Windows Security box. When I click on cancel - this appears:

Cannot open onedrive files as now requesting Windows Hello PIN - and I have never created one 3715108b-607f-4d7c-bc00-44355fa3c12e?upload=true.jpg

and if I click on "Ill set up my account later" nothing happens!

Help! I now cannot access my onedrive files from my computer. I can still open the files via excel online and can download.

Could this be due to having multiple microsoft log ons? How do I overcome? I dont want to setup / windows hello.

Thanks

:)

Polly C, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Albeeone Win User
    OneDrive files won't stay pinned to taskbar

If a pin an excel files that is saved in my OneDrive folder to the pinned excel files list in the taskbar, once I open that file it disappears from the pinned list. This only happens with files saved in the OneDrive folder. Any files saved in my documents
    remain pinned to the taskbar. How can I get the OneDrive files to stay pinned? They stayed pinned before but just started disappearing this last week.

Albeeone, Jan 20, 2020
  4. sixt5cuda Win User

Cannot open onedrive files as now requesting Windows Hello PIN - and I have never created one

Windows 10 lost my pinned OneDrive file links on the task bar

First, my files are not missing, I simply cannot access them the same way I did with Windows 8 and 8.1

Correct behavior from Windows 8.1:

1) Open Windows Explorer

2) Find and open Notepad file "Notes.txt" located in a OneDrive folder

3) Notepad is pinned to the task bar

4) Right-click on Notepad icon in task bar

5) List of recent files appears, including files recently opened on OneDrive

6) Right-click on "Notes.txt", left-click on Pin To This List

7) "Notes.txt" is now quickly accessible from the list of files in the Notepad list on the task bar

Under Windows 10, step 5 is broken. Files located on OneDrive never appear in the list of recent items for a pinned application on the task bar. This behavior is duplicated on the Start Menu Jump List.

Under Windows 8.1, I had many pinned documents connected to applications on my task bar. As soon as Windows 10 booted the first time, these links disappeared. Links to documents on the desktop or in my local Documents folder, remained linked to task bar
    applications.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or is it just my computer?

sixt5cuda, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot open onedrive files as now requesting Windows Hello PIN - and I have never created one - Similar Threads - Cannot open onedrive

2. I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello: I am trying to create a PIN Windows Hello for my computer. I go in Settings->Accounts->Sign-in options->PINWindows Hello->Set up then it opens a window Picture 1, then I press next and opens another window Picture 2. When I select I forgot my PIN it sends me to Sign-in...
  3. I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot create a PIN Windows Hello: I am trying to create a PIN Windows Hello for my computer. I go in Settings->Accounts->Sign-in options->PINWindows Hello->Set up then it opens a window Picture 1, then I press next and opens another window Picture 2. When I select I forgot my PIN it sends me to Sign-in...
  4. Creating windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating windows hello pin: When signing in to Microsoft accounts, I can sign in but then screen pops up saying to create windows hello pin , I can’t a screen pops up saying it couldn’t create pin to skip for now or try again, when I click try again or skip for now it kicks me back to the sign in screen...
  5. Creating windows hello pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating windows hello pin: When signing in to Microsoft accounts, I can sign in but then screen pops up saying to create windows hello pin , I can’t a screen pops up saying it couldn’t create pin to skip for now or try again, when I click try again or skip for now it kicks me back to the sign in screen...
  6. Creating windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. I cant create a windows hello pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant create a windows hello pin: I am trying to log into my microsoft account through my laptop and its asking me for a windows hello pin even though i dont have one.I cant create one either because my microsoft account i use is not the one I use to log into my windows laptopI just want to find a way to...
  8. Windows is asking for my Hello Pin and I have never set one.

Windows is asking for my Hello Pin and I have never set one.: This issue is driving me crazy! My Hello Pin is being requested and i have never set it up or added a PIN. YES - i have access to and signed into my Microsoft account and updated my details and passwords, but when i try to access my windows Hello Pin i still have the same...
  9. PIN request - when I never set one

PIN request - when I never set one: My Windows login started asking for a PIN a few months ago. I always cancelled out of it because I never set one up and didn't want to have to remember another code. But recently, I installed a new version of Office, and it won't let me access Office without a PIN. When I...
  10. Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello: I cannot create a PIN in Windows Hello after a factory reset of Windows 10. When I click the ADD button under PIN, the little spinning circle icon appears and it just keeps spinning forever. One time after restart I also succeeded to start Window Hello with a local account,...