Windows 10: Cannot open or find recycle bin

Discus and support Cannot open or find recycle bin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot open the recycle bin with file explorer and I cannot see $Recycle.bin hidden files display option on sfc /SCANNOW was okay rd /s /q... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by selfsimilar, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Cannot open or find recycle bin

I cannot open the recycle bin with file explorer and I cannot see $Recycle.bin hidden files display option on

sfc /SCANNOW was okay

rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and reboot did not recreate the $Recycle.bin folder

What now?

:)

selfsimilar, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Cwedin Win User

Cannot open or find recycle bin

Recycle Bin

Hi, Scout-86.

Bare with me. I'm only a student in Information Technology. I believe the recycle bin might be corrupted, causing it to vanish from the desktop completely.

Try one of these two fixes and see if helps.

Solution 1:

• Step 1: Select Start -> Settings -> Personalization -> Themes -> Desktop icon settings.
    • Step 2: Make sure the checkbox for Recycle Bin is checked, then select OK. You should see the icon displayed on your desktop.

Solution 2:

• Step 1 Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Step 2 Type the command rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and press enter.
    • Step 3 Type exit to close the Command Prompt window

I hope this helps!

(This comes from [Fixed] Can't Find or Open Recycle Bin Windows 10/8/7 - EaseUS)

Cwedin, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open or find recycle bin

1. Cannot open or find recycle bin - Similar Threads - Cannot open find

2. Cant Find recycle bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Find recycle bin: Hi I am unable to find recycle bin folder. Please hellp me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-recycle-bin/94c81806-78c9-4a7b-84d5-c36375e07f1b
  3. Cant Find recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Find recycle bin: Hi I am unable to find recycle bin folder. Please hellp me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-recycle-bin/94c81806-78c9-4a7b-84d5-c36375e07f1b
  4. Cannot Delete to Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Delete to Recycle Bin: Windows 11 Pro v22H2, OS build 22621.819New Thinkpad used <1 weekRecycle Bin properties > Settings for selected location > Custom size 50Gb"Don't move files to Recycle Bin" is OFF"Display delete confirmation dialog" is TICKEDEvery time I delete a file, it asks if I really...
  5. Cannot Delete to Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Delete to Recycle Bin: Windows 11 Pro v22H2, OS build 22621.819New Thinkpad used <1 weekRecycle Bin properties > Settings for selected location > Custom size 50Gb"Don't move files to Recycle Bin" is OFF"Display delete confirmation dialog" is TICKEDEvery time I delete a file, it asks if I really...
  6. Cannot empty the recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot empty the recycle bin: This happens when I try to Empty the Recycle Bin: [ATTACH] The System Summary shows: Windows 10 Pro. Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. Windows Update shows the system is up to date....
  7. finding recycle bin icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    finding recycle bin icon: Problems Finding the Recycle Bin icon First advice from advisor: If your desktop shows no icons at all, right-click or press and hold the desktop and select View. If Show desktop icons has no checkmark, click it to add one. If that doesn't work, try this: Select Start >...
  8. The system cannot find the path specified for "recycle bin is corrupted"

The system cannot find the path specified for "recycle bin is corrupted": Hi, I got the error message D:\recycle bin is corrupted in Win 10. I searched online and i found out some advices form this link:...
  9. Can’t find Recycle Bin! Where is the Recycle Bin in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t find Recycle Bin! Where is the Recycle Bin in Windows 10?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Missing Recycle Bin issue at times plagues users of Windows 10/8/7. At times you may find it missing from your desktop and are left wondering where the Recycle Bin icon has gone and how to get it back. Whatever the [...] This post Can’t find Recycle Bin!...
  10. system cannot find the path specified (Recycle Bin Corrupted)

system cannot find the path specified (Recycle Bin Corrupted): Had this annoying recurrent message every time I would perform any operation on any file: "Your recycle bin is corrupted, do you want to delete it?" I would say yes, then it would find a number of files for which he could not find the path, and the deletion would abort. Same...