Windows 10: Cannot open or reinstall google chrome after recent windows update

Discus and support Cannot open or reinstall google chrome after recent windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Cannot open or reinstall google chrome after recent windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RupertWarburton, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Cannot open or reinstall google chrome after recent windows update

Cannot open or reinstall google chrome after recent windows update

:)

RupertWarburton, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Hello! Does not seem to be fixed in any way.
    PROBLEM: On Windows 7, with Google Chrome as default browser, try to update GPU-Z.
    Result: Opens in IE11.
    Expected: To open in default browser, i.e. Google Chrome.

On Windows 8.1, a slightly different thing happens:
    PROBLEM: On Windows 8.1, with both Opera and Google Chrome installed and with Google Chrome as default browser, try to update GPU-Z.
    Result: Opens in Opera.
    Expected: To open in default browser, i.e. Google Chrome.

Please fix this in 0.8.2! *Smile Cannot open or reinstall google chrome after recent windows update :)

Thema:

1. Cannot open or reinstall google chrome after recent windows update - Similar Threads - Cannot open reinstall

2. Reinstalling Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Google Chrome: In an effort to get over problems I was experiencing following an update on Windows 11 64bit on my desktop PC i uninstalled my Google Chrome browser. Now I am finding it impossible to reinstall it Firewall turned off and I have also tried allowing the Googleupdate.exe through...
  3. Reinstalling Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Google Chrome: In an effort to get over problems I was experiencing following an update on Windows 11 64bit on my desktop PC i uninstalled my Google Chrome browser. Now I am finding it impossible to reinstall it Firewall turned off and I have also tried allowing the Googleupdate.exe through...
  4. How to reinstall the google chrome

How to reinstall the google chrome: please help i uninstalled my google chrome app in my laptop because it didnt open. i was having a hard time finding the google chrome app in my setting but when i found it in apps setting i cannot reinstall please help me out...
  5. Google Chrome Opens Once After Updates and Then Won't Open

Google Chrome Opens Once After Updates and Then Won't Open: Hi! I've been having a recurrent problem with Google Chrome on Windows 10. They started 1-2 months ago. Essentially, what happens is that every time Windows 10 updates, Google Chrome launches once, and once you close it, 2 windows that are all black open up, and promptly...
  6. Google Chrome Opens Once After Updates and Then Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome Opens Once After Updates and Then Won't Open: Hi! I've been having a recurrent problem with Google Chrome on Windows 10. They started 1-2 months ago. Essentially, what happens is that every time Windows 10 updates, Google Chrome launches once, and once you close it, 2 windows that are all black open up, and promptly...
  7. Google Chrome won't open after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome won't open after windows 10 update: Google Chrome won't open after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-wont-open-after-windows-10-update/0daded66-cded-4148-8850-4f12f1c8ce07
  8. I cannot open Google Chrome after Windows 10 update August 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot open Google Chrome after Windows 10 update August 2020: Hi, I cannot open Google Chrome after Windows 10 update August 2020. The icon sits on the bottom of the page and lets me right click but will not open. Also when I open excel or word if the PC goes in to screen sleep mode the I cannot open the excel or wrod document even...
  9. Google Chrome Slow to Open After Major Windows Update

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Slow to Open After Major Windows Update: Hi, I have just done a major Windows update from 1709 to 2004 using the Windows Download Tool. Everything seems to be working fine, except that Google Chrome take ages to load - 5 minutes or more. I don't want to reset it as it has many settings that would take a long time...
  10. Google Chrome Slow to Open After Major Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Google Chrome Slow to Open After Major Windows Update: Hi, I have just done a major Windows update from 1709 to 2004 using the Windows Download Tool. Everything seems to be working fine, except that Google Chrome take ages to load - 5 minutes or more. I don't want to reset it as it has many settings that would take a long time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open goole chrome after windows 10 update

2. 18362.535 windows 10 build cannot run chrome

3. reinstall google chrome windows 10

4. reinstall google chrome aw snap,
  5. cannot open chrome after windows update,
  6. cannot open google after windows update