Windows 10: Cannot open "photo" attachments on email

Discus and support Cannot open "photo" attachments on email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been having problems opening "email" photo attachments. When I click on the "clip", all I get is a blank piece of paper where the photo should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnnNagler, Jun 17, 2020.

1. AnnNagler Win User

Cannot open "photo" attachments on email

I have been having problems opening "email" photo attachments. When I click on the "clip", all I get is a blank piece of paper where the photo should appear. I have made numerous calls to my Internet Provider which is: Orbitelcom.com and today they said to call Microsoft Tech Support. I can open my "photo attachments" on my cell phone, and on my tablet , and on my Kindle, but the problem is that I CANNOT OPEN PHOTO ATTACHMENTS ON MY DESKTOP! I am using Windows 10. The only way I can open the photo attachments is to go to my Internet Providers page Orbitelcom.com, open up my Webmail on there, go to the email that has the photo attachment and click on the Image....then it appears. This is like going through the back door! Is there any solution to the problem on your end since I am at a standstill.

Thank you.

Ann Nagler

:)

AnnNagler, Jun 17, 2020

2. will not open attachment in an email

Hi Dave,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your concern about opening email attachments. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• How do you access your Email?
    • If you are using a browser, have you tried using a different browser?
    • Have you also tried to clear the cache and cookies of your browsers?
    • What is the last action taken before this issue happens?

If you are using an Outlook application to open emails, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    . You can follow the steps provided in the issue #1.

Let us know the result if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jun 17, 2020
  3. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Cannot open "photo" attachments on email

attaching photos to outgoing emails

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. You can attach photos to outgoing email by locating the photos from the drive and clicking on it, then hit Ok; moreover, the "open" option that you are getting implies that the application is not set as a default. If you
    can provide a screenshot of the issue, it would be helpful to fix this.

We would like to know more information to help you resolve this. Please answer the following questions below:

• Are you using an application like Outlook or Mail app to send email or you are sending through web?
    • When did this issue start?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer before this issue occur?

Meanwhile, you can follow some suggested steps:

• Set Default app for Photos. Head over to this link
      for the instructions.
    • You can also create a new user account to help you fix this. Please visit this
      link
      for the instructions.

We'll be waiting for your response and the result.

Lemuel Cie, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open "photo" attachments on email

1. Cannot open "photo" attachments on email - Similar Threads - Cannot open photo

2. Email Attachments not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Attachments not opening: Weird issue I can't wrap my head around.Updated a computer at my work, however on the new pc, the mail app doesn't want to open some PDF files but will open others.On the previous computer, we can still open up all PDF files no issue.I honestly don't have any idea how to sort...
  3. opening email attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening email attachments: When I want to open an email attachment, the system forces me to save it to a file first before opening it. I used to be able to open it first and then if I want to save it. What setting do I need to change to be able to open it without having to save it?...
  4. Photo attachment to email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo attachment to email: How do you send just one photo by email and not your library, please? Just recently when I attach a photo to an email it enables the receiver to view my entire photo library by just clicking the image icon. I'm running windows 10, live mail with no apparent recent changes or...
  5. Cannot open email attached file

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open email attached file: About a week ago, I was unable to open an emailed attached file. Doesn't matter the format; e.g. pdf, mp4, xls, etc. doesn't matter. I can save the file and then opened the saved file without problem. I have researched this problem and tried every suggestion I could find...
  6. Attach photo to email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Attach photo to email: I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. They have taken my pictures from Windows photo viewer to Photos. How do I attach a photo to an email in outlook? I have spent some time and cannot figure this out. Any advise would be appreciated. Garry...
  7. Photo attachments in email

in Browsers and Email
    Photo attachments in email: I have no idea if this is something I should be asking here but I'll give it a try. Recently I have received some photographs attached to an email that I can download but they were compressed and are only 25 - 27kb in size. I have saved them to my picture file but they...
  8. Attaching photos to email using Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attaching photos to email using Photos: When I use the Share function in Photos the only email option is 'Mail' which I do not use. I have Outlook 2016 as the default email program. If I do use it the attachments appear at original resolution thus creating excessively large file sizes for email. It is very easy...
  9. attaching photos to emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    attaching photos to emails: hello, when I try to attach photos to emails I get a blue box with a large number under it instead of the actual picture. I have to try and figure out what pic it is by the number. how do I get the actual picture to show up when I try to attach it. thank you....
  10. Cannot attach compressed photos to an outlook email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot attach compressed photos to an outlook email: It used to be that when you attach pics to an outlook email there was an option to compress. That option is still available from Internet Explorer: when I select the pics then click email I can chose the size and "attach". For a couple of seconds the computer does something -...