Windows 10: Cannot open photos using Photo app on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot open photos using Photo app on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello - I cannot access my photos using microsoft Photos app windows 10 the problem appears to be associated with no access to microsoft store at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Grivel13, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Grivel13 Win User

Cannot open photos using Photo app on Windows 10

Hello - I cannot access my photos using microsoft Photos app windows 10 the problem appears to be associated with no access to microsoft store at all. I have tried all the fixes recommended but still no joy. Can anyone help - spent all of yesterday trying various ways around . Do I need to re-install Microsoft Store and how do I do that ?

:)

Grivel13, Sep 14, 2021

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Sep 14, 2021
  3. VEE
    vee Win User
    Windows 10 Photo app open double window

I have exactly same problem.
    To reproduce bug.
    1. open folder that contain .jpg photo
    2. double click or click on that photo and press enter on keyboard to make sure you open once
    3. windows 10 open collection window with photo viewer window.
    If step 3 is not occur, you may need to restart pc/log out and re log in/turn off and turn on pc. This problem does not happen everytime.

4. Cannot open photos using Photo app on Windows 10

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Cannot open photos using Photo app on Windows 10

1. Cannot open photos using Photo app on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot open photos

2. On windows 10. Cannot open photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On windows 10. Cannot open photos: On windows 10, can see thumbnail pic ,when I click to open photo screen turns all white. The system says I am up tp date, no updates available. Did repair in microsoft photos and no luck. The photos will not open, just all white,blank screen....
  3. On windows 10. Cannot open photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On windows 10. Cannot open photos: On windows 10, can see thumbnail pic ,when I click to open photo screen turns all white. The system says I am up tp date, no updates available. Did repair in microsoft photos and no luck. The photos will not open, just all white,blank screen....
  4. Cannot use USB stick on the Photos App to transfer photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use USB stick on the Photos App to transfer photos: Inserted a brand new USB stick into my computer to transfers photos onto it. Laptop detects that the USB stick is present. But when I go to click on it and begin moving photos over to it. I get the message "please update your device's settings to accept media transfers" The...
  5. Cannot use USB stick on the Photos App to transfer photos

Cannot use USB stick on the Photos App to transfer photos: Inserted a brand new USB stick into my computer to transfers photos onto it. Laptop detects that the USB stick is present. But when I go to click on it and begin moving photos over to it. I get the message "please update your device's settings to accept media transfers" The...
  6. Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files: Opening photo files .png and .jpg originally defaulted to Paint however after uninstalling Paint, photos now default to another piece of photo editing software. I have been into properties of the photo files and into default apps in settings however there is no option on this...
  7. Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files

Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files: Opening photo files .png and .jpg originally defaulted to Paint however after uninstalling Paint, photos now default to another piece of photo editing software. I have been into properties of the photo files and into default apps in settings however there is no option on this...
  8. Photo App says it cannot open.

Photo App says it cannot open.: Photo App states it cannot open. Ways to reinstall the App. If I remove the existing app and reinstall the app will I loose all the currently saved pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-says-it-cannot-open/a4cfdfb3-9841-45f5-97c5-2a3f62f24e0a
  9. cannot open windows photo app or store

cannot open windows photo app or store: this issue with the store and the Photos window app is totally frustrating.....none of the options/assistance helps in any way. As it came with windows 10 there appears to be no way you can resolve this issue......
  10. Cannot open photos on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open photos on Windows 10: Hi, if I try to open a photo it tells me to contact my system admin or re-install the app. I get atached message. any ideas?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cannot-open-photos-on-windows-10/d250f01b-7e8a-4e1a-90c5-386240c4b59f