Windows 10: Cannot open .rar's with File Explorer?

Discus and support Cannot open .rar's with File Explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to switch around some stuff because my .rar's opened as Windows Media Players application. I attempted to find the explorer .exe. I found it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by khobehh, Oct 24, 2020.

1. khobehh Win User

Cannot open .rar's with File Explorer?

I tried to switch around some stuff because my .rar's opened as Windows Media Players application. I attempted to find the explorer .exe. I found it and it said this.

Cannot open .rar's with File Explorer? 1175497b-80a5-4bb5-beff-8d355051ebd7?upload=true.png

:)

khobehh, Oct 24, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Oct 24, 2020
  3. rar files opening with Internet Explorer

I want My rar files to open with Internet Explorer but I accidentally got them opening with Internet Explorer. I want them to return to opening with Files Explorer.

KlaraPullyblank, Oct 24, 2020
  4. OldMause Win User

Opening rar. files

Is there a way to open Rar files in Windows Explorer (like Zip files)? Something like rar-plugin for Explorer?

OldMause, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot open .rar's with File Explorer? - Similar Threads - Cannot open rar's

2. File Explorer cannot be Opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer cannot be Opened: Each time I try to open the file explorer my laptop will have a blink and fail to do so. Looks like that system will restart the the file explorer for my each attempt I resetted my pc but kept my personal files yet it didnt work. Before the reset, I googled the solutions and...
  3. File Explorer cannot be Opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer cannot be Opened: Each time I try to open the file explorer my laptop will have a blink and fail to do so. Looks like that system will restart the the file explorer for my each attempt I resetted my pc but kept my personal files yet it didnt work. Before the reset, I googled the solutions and...
  4. Cannot open "File Explorer"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open "File Explorer": Note: I confused what type of topics should I use, so I just use topic that relate to "File Explorer":PI already fix this issue okay i am not fix it, but avoid itSo my computer is fine. Be able to use internet, all app is fine. There is no problem.Well.. except that I am not...
  5. How do I open a rar file with Internet Explorer?

How do I open a rar file with Internet Explorer?: I am trying to open a rar file to install a driver for my graphic tablet. Each time I try to open with Internet Explorer, the program immediately closes without being able to do anything. What should I do to open the rar file or should I just use a different software to open...
  6. file explorer rar

file explorer rar: for some reason now my files in file explorer only download in rar and open in internet explorer. i want to change it back to the default settings, because those originally worked for me....
  7. rar files opening with Internet Explorer

rar files opening with Internet Explorer: I want My rar files to open with Internet Explorer but I accidentally got them opening with Internet Explorer. I want them to return to opening with Files Explorer....
  8. Rar files opening in Notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Rar files opening in Notepad: I play games such as Sims 4 and I download custom content. A good portion of the stuff I download are RAR files. I accidentally clicked "Always open with notepad" and I can no longer get it to be just a normal file. I would like to know how to make it not open as a notepad...
  9. "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens

in Windows 10 Support
    "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens: Hello, I keep getting this error when Windows 10 boots to desktop, when I close it opens file explorer. Any ideas what's this mysterious "-a" file is? 97243
  10. Opening rar. files

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening rar. files: hello... how do I open a rar. file safety. I realize that I need an App but to do this but I'm aware that I may download other bumf when I do. So what I'm trying to say can you direct me to a a safe site ... free of coarse ...Joe 63168

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet explorer rar