Windows 10: Cannot open setting up through right clicking on taskbar

Discus and support Cannot open setting up through right clicking on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; While setting up window can still be opened from the start menu, these setting up options that show up after right click on task bar including language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BottestSpenserark, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Cannot open setting up through right clicking on taskbar

While setting up window can still be opened from the start menu, these setting up options that show up after right click on task bar including language bar setup, task bar setup and internet setup have somehow stopped working. Any solution?

:)

BottestSpenserark, Jun 19, 2019

2. mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. purplemtn Win User

Cannot open setting up through right clicking on taskbar

No response if I Right click (Windows Icon on the Taskbar)

So, what is the problem ? when I'm in my Original Account if I Right click (Windows Icon on the Taskbar) the list of items opens , but Nothing appears to happen for example if I click on Programs and Features [ it does Not open the Control Panel ] or none of the other listed Items open anything.

In My New account if I Right click (Windows Icon on the Taskbar) the list of items opens , and for example if I click on Programs and Features it Does open the Control Panel .

It appears that my Original Account may be corrupt .

Rick

purplemtn, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Cannot open setting up through right clicking on taskbar

1. Cannot open setting up through right clicking on taskbar - Similar Threads - Cannot open setting

2. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  3. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  4. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 taskbar settings with right click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar settings with right click.: Please add ability to lock the taskbar or toggle autohide, with a popup menu by right clicking the taskbar. Navigating through all those settings to switch this which I switch often is a waste of my time. Also add ability to have the taskbar on the left side of the screen....
  6. Windows 11 taskbar settings with right click.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar settings with right click.: Please add ability to lock the taskbar or toggle autohide, with a popup menu by right clicking the taskbar. Navigating through all those settings to switch this which I switch often is a waste of my time. Also add ability to have the taskbar on the left side of the screen....
  7. Opening a browser app on the taskbar through the "task" submenu right click doesn't focus...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening a browser app on the taskbar through the "task" submenu right click doesn't focus...: Hello Community Support,since the October 2020 feature update, opening a browser app in my case Firefox and Edge, which is pinned on the taskbar through the "tasks" menu right click it doesn't focus it. Some more information, my Windows/SSD died and I got my technician to get...
  8. cannot right-click on taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot right-click on taskbar icons: Hi there I am having an issue with my windows 10 desktop. I cannot right-click on my taskbar icons, I can't open the calendar or the sound mixer. I have tried everything on the internet. I noticed this entire issue began after I removed the razer synapse program from my...
  9. Unable to open Taskbar Settings when right clicking the task bar and selecting taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to open Taskbar Settings when right clicking the task bar and selecting taskbar settings: This also applies to the sound settings as well when I try to access it by right clicking the speaker icon. Any idea how to fix this? I've only found one solution so far and that's for me to create a new user account and delete the one that I currently have, but I don't want...
  10. Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar CMD opens and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open certain settings using the "right-click menu" on the taskbar CMD opens and...: Hello! I recently stumbled upon a problem. I can't use certain settings on Windows such as right-clicking on my taskbar and clicking the "Settings for the taskbar" option. Whenever I click on it, the command prompt appears for a brief second. Sometimes it opens up and...