Windows 10: Cannot open Settings app on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot open Settings app on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I cannot open any of the settings on windows 10. I tried to perform sfc /scannow but the command prompt doesn't run with administrator rights... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sai HarshaPisapati, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Cannot open Settings app on Windows 10

Hello,

I cannot open any of the settings on windows 10. I tried to perform sfc /scannow but the command prompt doesn't run with administrator rights even though I logged in as administrator. I can't create another user account and give administrator rights to it. sfc /scannow doesn't work with Windows power shell in recovery mode too. I tried to reset my PC but that doesn't work. It says that cannot reset and no changes were made. Please suggest me if any other way works.

My laptop came with a preinstalled windows home version. If I reset/ install windows through a USB Flash drive, Will my digital license key work and activate automatically? I can't even open the PC properties to check the product key.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Sai HarshaPisapati, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot open Settings app on Windows 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Cannot open Settings app on Windows 10

Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Cannot open Settings app on Windows 10

1. Cannot open Settings app on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot open Settings

2. cannot open settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  3. Cannot open settings app

Cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  4. Cannot open settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  5. Cannot open network settings in Windows 10 the app opens for a second then closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open network settings in Windows 10 the app opens for a second then closes: If you click the network icon in the lower right task bar, then click Network & Internet the app screen with the little cog wheel shows briefly then closesLike wise if you open the settings app, then click on Network & Internet the screen just closesBUT if you type 'ethernet'...
  6. cannot open windows 10 setting

cannot open windows 10 setting: how to fix seeting that cannot be opened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-windows-10-setting/092e34a8-09db-45ec-aec1-8ee41d9dcfdf
  7. cannot open settings in Windows 10

cannot open settings in Windows 10: When I click on the Settings icon nothing happens. How do I get Settings to open? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-settings-in-windows-10/88b2b190-4090-44ef-a715-5b6162065d91
  8. Cannot open "Apps and Features" in settings

Cannot open "Apps and Features" in settings: I just got this laptop and I want to open the apps and features in the settings but if I click on it gets highlighted and nothing happens. Everything, besides that, in the settings app works. I googled this problem and found this link:...
  9. Cannot open mail app settings

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open mail app settings: Hi For the longest time, the mail app has been working well. But this morning, I noticed that it hadn't synced with my IMAP server since yesterday so I tried to edit the settings. When I click on edit settings, the settings window opens but I cannot open the settings of...
  10. Cannot open Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Settings in Windows 10: Just upgraded. However, I just cannot get Settings to open. On clicking, a window opens and then disappers. Anybody who can help, please? Edge also does not work. Type in a URL and I get "This page is having a problem loading". 12945