Windows 10: Cannot open settings app

Discus and support Cannot open settings app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JackRoss8888, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Cannot open settings app

Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help

:)

JackRoss8888, Sep 12, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot open settings app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 12, 2021
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Sep 12, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

Cannot open settings app

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Cannot open settings app [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Sep 12, 2021
Thema:

Cannot open settings app

1. Cannot open settings app - Similar Threads - Cannot open settings

2. Cannot open settings and other system apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open settings and other system apps: I am having an issue with my surface pro 7 that started after it updated to windows 11. At first one user profile of two would not load windows and the screen remained black. I was able to create a new profile from the working profile. However now i am experiencing an issue...
  3. Cannot open settings and other system apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open settings and other system apps: I am having an issue with my surface pro 7 that started after it updated to windows 11. At first one user profile of two would not load windows and the screen remained black. I was able to create a new profile from the working profile. However now i am experiencing an issue...
  4. cannot open settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open settings: Hi I just purchased a new laptop and it was running fine for a week however as of today I cannot open settings. I am using Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-settings/58fdc5c0-30a0-40d0-a8b3-86af9b6c4a6f
  5. Cannot open settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open settings: I recently bought a new PC laptop with Windows 10 and I am not able to open the settings under the Windows menu. How can I resolve this problem? Thanks for your assistance....
  6. cannot open settings app

cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  7. Cannot open settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  8. Cannot open Settings app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Settings app on Windows 10: Hello, I cannot open any of the settings on windows 10. I tried to perform sfc /scannow but the command prompt doesn't run with administrator rights even though I logged in as administrator. I can't create another user account and give administrator rights to it. sfc...
  9. Cannot open "Apps and Features" in settings

Cannot open "Apps and Features" in settings: I just got this laptop and I want to open the apps and features in the settings but if I click on it gets highlighted and nothing happens. Everything, besides that, in the settings app works. I googled this problem and found this link:...
  10. Cannot open mail app settings

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open mail app settings: Hi For the longest time, the mail app has been working well. But this morning, I noticed that it hadn't synced with my IMAP server since yesterday so I tried to edit the settings. When I click on edit settings, the settings window opens but I cannot open the settings of...