Windows 10: Cannot open Settings because it is NO LONGER THERE-- after Windows 10 Update Sept 2020.

Discus and support Cannot open Settings because it is NO LONGER THERE-- after Windows 10 Update Sept 2020. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After most recent Sept 2020 Windows10 update, I do NOT have Settings any longer. Gear icon is there, error message "file not found" when I ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VALCT, Sep 25, 2020.

1. VALCT Win User

Cannot open Settings because it is NO LONGER THERE-- after Windows 10 Update Sept 2020.

After most recent Sept 2020 Windows10 update, I do NOT have Settings any longer. Gear icon is there, error message "file not found" when I ran ms-settings in Powershell. I cannot uninstall the update, because I cannot access Settings. IT IS NOT THERE. After the update; upon startup, began asking to connect to One Drive with 3 different pop-up windows. I have never done One Drive. Also stopped saving my passwords: even though it is set-up to save them, it asked to save them and I said yes. Please help me; I'm NOT "tech savvy". Thank You!

:)

VALCT, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

How do I fix this?

RichardZachary, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Cannot open Settings because it is NO LONGER THERE-- after Windows 10 Update Sept 2020.

Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity

Yesterday (Sept 18, 2020) I installed a Windows 10 update to my Lenovo laptop, and I now consistently get a “no internet, secured” message when I try to connect to wifi. I’ve looked through various online suggestions for fixing this error but none of them
    seem to work. My device shows that I have version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. Is there something unusual about this latest patch that creates wifi bugs that can’t be fixed with tricks that have worked in the past? Thanks!

David Sniveley, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open Settings because it is NO LONGER THERE-- after Windows 10 Update Sept 2020.

1. Cannot open Settings because it is NO LONGER THERE-- after Windows 10 Update Sept 2020. - Similar Threads - Cannot open Settings

2. How do I set reminders after the Sept 2020 windows update?

in Cortana
    How do I set reminders after the Sept 2020 windows update?: I used Cortana reminders a lot, so the Sept 2020 update really threw me for a loop. There is no Notebook. I've searched for hours online trying to figure out how to set up the reminders. I did try searching the community forusm, but there is no date filter, and everything...
  3. Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020: Following a recent update the sreen would intermittently flash and would eventually turn completely white. In this state it was apparently unresponsive to keyboard and mouse. If the computer went to sleep it invariably awoke in the same white screen state. I have had this...
  4. New Update MSFS 2020 on Sept. 29, 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Update MSFS 2020 on Sept. 29, 2020: Yesterday I started MSFS 2020 ver 1.9.3.0 through the Xbox application and it came up saying I need to update. So I started the update and it shows to have completely downloaded and now is decompressing fs-base-0.1.87.fspatch.001... It has been stuck on this now after...
  5. Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020: Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020 How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-no-sound-after-windows-update-sept-2020/c2a08960-28a9-4cee-93c6-1fb53aa9bda7
  6. Outlook 365 not working after Windows 10 Sept 15 2020 forced update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 365 not working after Windows 10 Sept 15 2020 forced update.: After routinely shutting my computer down on Sept 15 2020, Windows 10 installed a large forced update. Since then, Microsoft Outlook 365 does not work. I have restarted the computer and Outlook a couple of times, checked forums, and disabled add-ins, but I still cannot use...
  7. Incorrect password after sept 2020 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect password after sept 2020 update: Hello everyone! I updated my computer last night and today it keeps telling me “incorrect password error”. However I don’t even have a password for it, I usually press login and that’s it. Now the error appears instead and, as I can’t type anything because I don’t use a...
  8. I cannot open Google Chrome after Windows 10 update August 2020

I cannot open Google Chrome after Windows 10 update August 2020: Hi, I cannot open Google Chrome after Windows 10 update August 2020. The icon sits on the bottom of the page and lets me right click but will not open. Also when I open excel or word if the PC goes in to screen sleep mode the I cannot open the excel or wrod document even...
  9. Cannot open Quicken 2020 after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open Quicken 2020 after update: Hi, I just updated Quicken 2020, Version R26.23, Build 27.1.26.23, and now cannot log in. The file opens up and then opens up to the Quicken online log in page. It doesn't stay very long and I get a white Quicken screen. I've been on the phone with Quicken's tech...
  10. After Windows Update 10 May 2020 Cortana will no longer work?

After Windows Update 10 May 2020 Cortana will no longer work?: I have installed the update 10 May 2020, which supposedly has some improvements, but after that some applications do not work anymore. So far it does not bother me, but Cortana does not respond to my questions anymore. (Unfortunately Cortana in German is not available at the...