Windows 10: Cannot open settings

Discus and support Cannot open settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have checked the previous thread in this issue of problem opening Settings, but the solution offered via troubleshooter does NOT work for me. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by astonby, Apr 21, 2016.

1. astonby Win User

Cannot open settings

I have checked the previous thread in this issue of problem opening Settings, but the solution offered via troubleshooter does NOT work for me.

I am also having problem with the remote procedure call failing. The issues seem to be linked.

As far as I can tell my updates are current. IN fact this only started after the recent update.

Any other solution available please?

:)

astonby, Apr 21, 2016

2. cannot open setting

Hi,

There are some reasons behind this concern. For us to assist you more effectively, can you provide us with more information:

- What settings are you referring?

- What are the troubleshooter that you used?

- Is this a personal PC or Work PC?

- Did you update your Windows before this concern happened?

Keep us posted.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Apr 21, 2016
  3. cannot open setting

why i still cannot open the setting? i already do the trouble shooting things but still cannot open it

harizsaimi, Apr 21, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Cannot open settings

dalchina, Apr 21, 2016
Thema:

Cannot open settings

1. Cannot open settings - Similar Threads - Cannot open settings

2. Cannot open PC Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open PC Settings: Hello! I just noticed a weird bug at my work PC (Windows 10 Pro v1803). I click on the gear icon to open PC Settings and nothing happens. I also try to open PC Settings from Class Menu (I have Openshell installed), nothing again. The only way to access it is by right-click...
  3. Cannot open the setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open the setting: Hello there. I recently update my window 10. After the update, I cannot open the settings. I need the solution to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-the-setting/5bc5b93b-7035-4171-8fb2-3c867efd86f7
  4. Windows 10: network disappeared and settings cannot open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: network disappeared and settings cannot open: Hello, After Dec 29th update, which is today, network dispeared from my taskbar. My desktop has been disconnected from internet. I tried to run troubleshooting, but no result. Settings wouldn't open. All Settings cannot open, and setting windows just flashes and closes...
  5. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  6. Cannot open "Apps and Features" in settings

Cannot open "Apps and Features" in settings: I just got this laptop and I want to open the apps and features in the settings but if I click on it gets highlighted and nothing happens. Everything, besides that, in the settings app works. I googled this problem and found this link:...
  7. Cannot open mail app settings

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open mail app settings: Hi For the longest time, the mail app has been working well. But this morning, I noticed that it hadn't synced with my IMAP server since yesterday so I tried to edit the settings. When I click on edit settings, the settings window opens but I cannot open the settings of...
  8. Cannot open settings in windows mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open settings in windows mail: Hi Something must have happened to my windows mail in windows 10 version 1511. When I slick on Manage account in Settings, nothing happens and the settings do not open. A related issue is that the mails do not display in the reading pane. I don't know if these are related...
  9. Cannot open Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Settings in Windows 10: Just upgraded. However, I just cannot get Settings to open. On clicking, a window opens and then disappers. Anybody who can help, please? Edge also does not work. Type in a URL and I get "This page is having a problem loading". 12945
  10. Cannot open Display Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open Display Settings in Windows 10: The problem here is simple or at least I THINK it is. There's no customization tab to change the ico look of the folders I want to change. I tried using Local Group Policy Editor, (Disable the Display Control Panel) didn't do anything I tried to also fix the issue by...