Windows 10: Cannot open sound setting when connect with the bluetooth audio device

Discus and support Cannot open sound setting when connect with the bluetooth audio device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; From the latest update, this happens to me. Do you have any solution to solve this thing?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pichawat, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Pichawat Win User

Cannot open sound setting when connect with the bluetooth audio device

From the latest update, this happens to me. Do you have any solution to solve this thing?

:)

Pichawat, Jun 10, 2021

2. Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10

I recently purchased some bluetooth headphones (GLITOBT18). I managed to connect them to my laptop running windows 10.

Cannot open sound setting when connect with the bluetooth audio device [​IMG]

However, i cant find the device in the playback settings and i therefore cant play audio through the headphones.

Cannot open sound setting when connect with the bluetooth audio device [​IMG]

I think this may have something to do with the fact that windows is recognising it as a bluetooth headset rather than a speaker? Any help would be massively appreciated!

JackDunne01, Jun 10, 2021
  3. pheles22 Win User
    Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts.

All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10 I'm encountering a problem.

The computer will pair with the phone with no issues. It will also connect with the device via Bluetooth, no issues there either. But I can't make it pull the audio from the phone. When connected, the audio still plays through the phone, and not the computer.

I've poked around audio settings, and can't find anything. I installed drivers specific to the phone, that did not work. I also went to Dell's site and installed Bluetooth drivers that are specific to my computer. No change.

Any suggestions?

pheles22, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Cannot open sound setting when connect with the bluetooth audio device

No sound as PC is connected to a bluetooth device.

Hi Samuel,

As per your description, I understand that there is no sound in your PC as it shows that it is currently connected to a Bluetooth device which you do not recognize.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Have you connected your PC to Bluetooth speakers?

2. Do you recognize the device that is connected to your PC?

3. Does the Bluetooth device display under Control Panel > Devices and Printers?

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if you will be able to remove the device in question.

To remove the device from your PC, follow the steps below

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Your reply is very important to ensure that we provide the appropriate resolution. Do provide the above information so that we can proceed further.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Cannot open sound setting when connect with the bluetooth audio device

1. Cannot open sound setting when connect with the bluetooth audio device - Similar Threads - Cannot open sound

2. Bluetooth device connected, but not connected in sound settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth device connected, but not connected in sound settings: I have bluetooth headphones that are paired, but stuck in hands free mode. I tried going in the sound settings and pressing connect on them but it doesnt do anything...
  3. Bluetooth device connected, but not connected in sound settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device connected, but not connected in sound settings: I have bluetooth headphones that are paired, but stuck in hands free mode. I tried going in the sound settings and pressing connect on them but it doesnt do anything...
  4. Windows 11 - Sound output cannot be change when bluetooth device connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Sound output cannot be change when bluetooth device connected: Hi, My Laptop occur a sound playback issue. Windows 11 cannot change the sound output device automatically when Bluetooth speaker connected. Settings>Bluetooth & devices showing the speaker is connected but the Sound Playback shows the speaker Disconnected any grey out the...
  5. Windows 11 - Sound output cannot be change when bluetooth device connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Sound output cannot be change when bluetooth device connected: Hi, My Laptop occur a sound playback issue. Windows 11 cannot change the sound output device automatically when Bluetooth speaker connected. Settings>Bluetooth & devices showing the speaker is connected but the Sound Playback shows the speaker Disconnected any grey out the...
  6. Playing connection sound when bluetooth device connects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Playing connection sound when bluetooth device connects: Hi community Was reaching out to see if there was a way to add a sound when a bluetooth device ie controller connects / disconnects to windows. Basically looking for the same functionality when a usb device connects or disconnects. Looked through control panel sounds,...
  7. Bluetooth controller will only connect when i open settings > devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth controller will only connect when i open settings > devices: same issue as an individual posted about here some time ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-devices-only-connecting-when-settings/d2a1c576-343d-4a5c-9617-a83320482606 I am on a fully updated windows 10 with the newest bluetooth drivers for my...
  8. No Audio, No Bluetooth Connection, No Sound

No Audio, No Bluetooth Connection, No Sound: I have always gotten great help here so I hope someone can help me again. I'm not sure what's going on but I've lost all audio as of today. Don't know what happened, but I remembered that this has happened before 2 years ago after a systems upgrade. All I know is the...
  9. Cannot connect device by Bluetooth

Cannot connect device by Bluetooth: my laptop is not appearing or not responding to connect the devices by Bluetooth * Moved from Insider * Original title: about Bluetooth * OS assumed to be Windows 10...
  10. Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices: I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts. All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10...