Windows 10: Cannot open sound settings

Discus and support Cannot open sound settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently had to factory reset my computer, but ever since i reinstalled windows I can no longer open the settings from the taskbar. This is important... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by barnabyboughtwood, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Cannot open sound settings

I recently had to factory reset my computer, but ever since i reinstalled windows I can no longer open the settings from the taskbar. This is important because I have a goxlr and I no longer access the 'app volume and devices preferences', so I can't assign different apps to different channels anymore, such as spotify to the music channel and chrome to the system channel.

In addition, I believe there used to be a 'sound' tab once searching for sound settings through system settings, but that also seems to have disappeared. Any help would be appreciated, because I cannot figure out how to get it back.

For some reason windows also doesn't detect my headphones when plugged into the goxlr, even though sound comes through. But it does work when plugged into the audio jack at the front of the pc. Not sure if this helps but thought I would add anyway.

I've attached pictures below of the taskbar, showing that the 'open sound settings' is missing, alongside what my system setting list looks like, as it is also missing sound settings. Thanks for anyone who helps Cannot open sound settings [​IMG]Cannot open sound settings [​IMG]

:)

barnabyboughtwood, Jan 19, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Cannot open sound settings :p

cadaveca, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Cannot see all Advanced Sound Settings - Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to suggest you to follow the steps below to add sound schemes to the list:

• Open Advanced Sound Settings.
    • Select any event option under “Program Events” and click on “Browse”.
    • Select the sound scheme from the saved path and click on “Open”.
    • Click on “Save As” and provide a name for the scheme and click on “OK”.
    • Click on “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
    After adding the sound schemes to the list, select the required sound scheme and click on “OK”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Cannot open sound settings

Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Cannot open sound settings

1. Cannot open sound settings - Similar Threads - Cannot open sound

2. cannot open settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open settings: Hi I just purchased a new laptop and it was running fine for a week however as of today I cannot open settings. I am using Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-settings/58fdc5c0-30a0-40d0-a8b3-86af9b6c4a6f
  3. cannot open settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot open settings: Hi I just purchased a new laptop and it was running fine for a week however as of today I cannot open settings. I am using Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-settings/58fdc5c0-30a0-40d0-a8b3-86af9b6c4a6f
  4. Cannot open settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open settings: I recently bought a new PC laptop with Windows 10 and I am not able to open the settings under the Windows menu. How can I resolve this problem? Thanks for your assistance....
  5. No sound unless Sound Settings is open?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound unless Sound Settings is open?: Hello, So I have had this problem for like 4 months and now I finally want to fix it. Basically, when windows 10 boots up, my sound works perfect but as soon as a video game, zoom or discord opens up, my sound stops working unless I have the Sound Settings in System...
  6. Cannot open network and internet settings and sound settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open network and internet settings and sound settings: Here is my problem, i cannot open the network and internet settings at the tray but it directs to a command prompt pop up and i dont know why. And i just found out as well in opening sound settings at tray the same issue on popping cmd. I tried to create a new user and this...
  7. cannot open settings

cannot open settings: hi...cannot open settings in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-settings/74b51d46-bf21-4bb6-a3ac-1bc1e85b63a1
  8. Cannot open the setting

Cannot open the setting: Hello there. I recently update my window 10. After the update, I cannot open the settings. I need the solution to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-the-setting/5bc5b93b-7035-4171-8fb2-3c867efd86f7
  9. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  10. Cannot open settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open settings: I have checked the previous thread in this issue of problem opening Settings, but the solution offered via troubleshooter does NOT work for me. I am also having problem with the remote procedure call failing. The issues seem to be linked. As far as I can tell my...