Windows 10: Cannot open Start Menu

Discus and support Cannot open Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem opening start menu. It doesn't open. Search box does not work or works only sometimes. Any help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Radu Ion, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Radu Ion Win User

Cannot open Start Menu

Hello, I have a problem opening start menu. It doesn't open. Search box does not work or works only sometimes. Any help?

:)

Radu Ion, Jan 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Cannot open Start Menu

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Cannot open Start Menu

1. Cannot open Start Menu - Similar Threads - Cannot open Start

2. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  3. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  4. Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo: Hi,I have a similar problem on 3 PCs. Unable to open start menu, cannot open settings, cannot open any photo. Windows 10 - 21H1. On another profile, however, it is possible on the primary, which is also the administrator. After creating a new profile, it worked for about 20...
  5. Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo: Hi,I have a similar problem on 3 PCs. Unable to open start menu, cannot open settings, cannot open any photo. Windows 10 - 21H1. On another profile, however, it is possible on the primary, which is also the administrator. After creating a new profile, it worked for about 20...
  6. Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo

7. cannot open the apps on the microsoft start menu .

cannot open the apps on the microsoft start menu .: This is following a system restore. neither can i uninstall them .Urgent ,,,I cant play solitaire -iam hooked on spider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-the-apps-on-the-microsoft-start-menu/0dd3f62b-f7fa-4b95-88aa-8bc19005ed3a
  8. I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu: It seems that all the setting menu crashed after I reset my computer. I clicked the button on the task bar, for instance, Cortana and start, and did not received any response. Nothing was displayed on the screen....
  9. Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not opening: Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where its an issue with personalization settings under ms-settings. I am unable to open Ms-settings because I receive the error...
  10. Cannot open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open start menu: Hello, I have relocated my Users directory during the installation of Windows to another drive using tutorial from this forum. Everything worked perfectly. Then I wanted to upgrade the build, however due to the relocated User directory, the update failed. So I edited the...