Windows 10: Cannot open System restore - Unexpected error in the property page

Discus and support Cannot open System restore - Unexpected error in the property page in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am not able to open the System Restore page. Screenshot: [img] Prior to this problem, I had some difficulty with AOMEI Backupper. It was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jumanji, Feb 11, 2020.

1. jumanji Win User

Cannot open System restore - Unexpected error in the property page

I am not able to open the System Restore page. Screenshot:

Cannot open System restore - Unexpected error in the property page [​IMG]

Prior to this problem, I had some difficulty with AOMEI Backupper. It was not showing my External HDD where I wanted to save the backup. I also noticed that it was functioning erratically. So I uninstalled it, to clean install it again.. Revo Uninstaller had some difficulty in uninstalling it but then I managed to uninstall it . After the uninstall, I wanted to check whether Revo uninstaller had created a system restore point before uninstalling it. It was then I noticed that I cannot open System Restore.
    System File checker did not find any integrity violation.

:)

jumanji, Feb 11, 2020

2. When trying to access system restore I get an error message saying unexpected error on the properties page: 0x81000203.

* Original Title: System restore

When trying to access system restore I get an error message saying unexpected error on the properties page: 0x81000203 therefore not allowing me to turn on system restore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DouglasGeist, Feb 11, 2020
  3. System restore points

an error box pops up;

Say; Has a red X

There was an unexpected error in the property page:

System Restore encountered an error. Please try to run System Restore again. (0x81000230)

Please close the property page and try again.

CharlesMaden, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Cannot open System restore - Unexpected error in the property page

Attempts to get into the System Protection menu of System Properties fails.

When I go into "system properties", "system protection" to create a restore point all the options are greyed out, none of the restore points I've created are listed and the following error message is displayed:

Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

(0x8007000E)

Please close the property page and try again

When I close the error message window and then click "OK" in the system properties window another error message is displayed:

The resource loader cache doesn't have loaded MUI entry.

(0x80073B01)

Please close the property page and try again

When I close the error message window the entire "system properties" window closes. Trying to lunch the "system protection" again just loops on the above problem. I am able to successfully get into and used all the other functions in the "system Properties"
    menu (e.g., "Computer Name", "Hardware", etc).

The 2nd error message seems pretty straight forward as being the ramification of the 1st error message. What I'm lost with is how to analyze and resolve the reason for the 1st error message.

I had been successfully creating "restore points" ever since first installing this instance of Windows 10 (1 year+).

I feel that being able to create and use restore points when needed is an important function so I'd be grateful for some advice on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance,

RobertForrest1, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open System restore - Unexpected error in the property page

1. Cannot open System restore - Unexpected error in the property page - Similar Threads - Cannot open System

2. cannot associate "OpenWith.exe" as Opens With in Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot associate "OpenWith.exe" as Opens With in Properties: I was configuring a plist file, and accidentally set the default app to open with to Notepad, this caused the plist file to be unusable. so I tried finding a way to revert it back to its default state.after searching, I found out that "Open With App" was the default file. And...
  3. cannot associate "OpenWith.exe" as Opens With in Properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot associate "OpenWith.exe" as Opens With in Properties: I was configuring a plist file, and accidentally set the default app to open with to Notepad, this caused the plist file to be unusable. so I tried finding a way to revert it back to its default state.after searching, I found out that "Open With App" was the default file. And...
  4. cannot associate "OpenWith.exe" as Opens With in Properties

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error Message 0x81000203 - Cannot open System Protection Properties

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Message 0x81000203 - Cannot open System Protection Properties: Hello. I have a Surface Pro 4 operating a 64-bit OS with W10 Pro version 20H2. The primary Windows HDD has 90Gb unallocated space of a 350Gb size. My primary issue is that I want to run Restore Disk processes and this cannot occur automatically. The disk is in working...
  6. Create Restore Point Error in Property Page 0x81000203

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create Restore Point Error in Property Page 0x81000203: Don't know how this problem started but I can't create restore point. Followed numerous troubleshooting advise from the web for several days but nothing has worked. Obviously looking for working solution. SFC is OK, DSIM is fine, ran several other suggestions including...
  7. "An unexpected error occurred" opening network properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "An unexpected error occurred" opening network properties: Recently updated to Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS build 19042.421 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 NIC: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Ever since, the pc no longer accepts incoming connections. Tried resetting network,...
  8. "There was an unexpected error in the property page: System Restore encountered an error....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "There was an unexpected error in the property page: System Restore encountered an error....: Help? I only found a thread from 2010 which doesn't fix my issue, help? Windows 10. Thankyou to anyone who provides any help or fixes. It would be really appreciated for a 2020 response I can read :) submitted by /u/BasketballHighlight [link] [comments]...
  9. "There was an unexpected error in the property page: System Restore encountered an error....

in Windows 10 Customization
    "There was an unexpected error in the property page: System Restore encountered an error....: Help? I only found a thread from 2010 which doesn't fix my issue, help? Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-was-an-unexpected-error-in-the-property-page/1d68b6ef-5096-4fbf-85c8-02e689957cb2
  10. Cannot open photo's, Apps greyed and cannot System Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open photo's, Apps greyed and cannot System Restore: Running Windows home v1809 with Defender and Malwarebytes Starting yesterday I found I could not open my photo's with the default photo app, many of the window store apps are greyed. Tried sfc and dism to repair files without joy. Tried SystemRestore with no joy as kept...