Windows 10: cannot open the apps on the microsoft start menu .

Discus and support cannot open the apps on the microsoft start menu . in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is following a system restore. neither can i uninstall them .Urgent ,,,I cant play solitaire -iam hooked on spider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by martyedwards, Dec 20, 2019.

1. cannot open the apps on the microsoft start menu .

This is following a system restore. neither can i uninstall them .Urgent ,,,I cant play solitaire -iam hooked on spider

:)

martyedwards, Dec 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Dec 20, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Dec 20, 2019
  4. cannot open the apps on the microsoft start menu .

Start menu where news and apps and web browser now gone

Hi Danie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you trying to access all the apps in Start Menu and trying to access Internet explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below shown image to check where all the apps are in Windows 10.

cannot open the apps on the microsoft start menu . [​IMG]

To access the Internet explorer I would suggest you check the below mentioned steps and check if it helps.

From Start Menu.

• Press start and type Internet Explorer and check if it exists.
    • Right click on that and click on Pin to Start Menu.
    From Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Open a website and Click on ". . ." select
      Open in Internet Explorer
      and check if it opening in Internet Explorer.
    From Run Command.

• Press Windows + R keys opens the Run Command Box.
    • Internet explorer (IE) can be opened from Run command
      by executing iexplore

cannot open the apps on the microsoft start menu . internet_explorer_run_command.png

Hope this information is helpful. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

cannot open the apps on the microsoft start menu .

1. cannot open the apps on the microsoft start menu . - Similar Threads - cannot open apps

2. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, cortana and app store will not open: My Windows key and the windows logo on my screen will not open the start menu. If I right click on the Windows log I get that menu with settings etc but not the list of Apps when I left click. Also if I select Cortana it starts to open I get a blank box with Cortana at the...
  3. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu, cortana and app store will not open: My Windows key and the windows logo on my screen will not open the start menu. If I right click on the Windows log I get that menu with settings etc but not the list of Apps when I left click. Also if I select Cortana it starts to open I get a blank box with Cortana at the...
  4. Apps will not open from start menu or taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps will not open from start menu or taskbar: Hello, I am running windows 10 and when I open the start menu to search for a program, it will not open. When I click an app or file from within the menu, it says the following: "The item you selected is unavailable. I might have been moved, renamed, or removed..."...
  5. Cannot open Microsoft Store, Start menu shows ms-resource:StoreTitle

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot open Microsoft Store, Start menu shows ms-resource:StoreTitle: I have been unable to open Windows Store since the last few months. I cannot find the icon in start menu. On searching "store" in the search, it shows a tile named "ms-resource:StoreTitle" clicking on which does not do anything. [ATTACH] OS Build Info Edition Windows 10...
  6. Cannot open Start Menu

Cannot open Start Menu: Hello, I have a problem opening start menu. It doesn't open. Search box does not work or works only sometimes. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-start-menu/bf8558fd-65f8-4b66-8c4b-c5ede0b9666c
  7. cannot open anything apps or menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open anything apps or menu: hello i march marchalves6 i updated my win7 to win10 and i cannot enter on apps menu and bar search only edge helpp!! : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-anything-apps-or-menu/8dd0aca1-de89-491e-a325-af0a5186f59c
  8. Start menu/microsoft apps not working

Start menu/microsoft apps not working: I have recently built a new pc and installed windows 10 home. Everything went smooth, and I updated all drivers, installed a couple of games and tweaked some files. However each time i do this I am now on reinstall #5 trying to resolve this issue, my start menu just stops...
  9. I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu: It seems that all the setting menu crashed after I reset my computer. I clicked the button on the task bar, for instance, Cortana and start, and did not received any response. Nothing was displayed on the screen....
  10. Cannot open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open start menu: Hello, I have relocated my Users directory during the installation of Windows to another drive using tutorial from this forum. Everything worked perfectly. Then I wanted to upgrade the build, however due to the relocated User directory, the update failed. So I edited the...