Windows 10: Cannot open the com port

Discus and support Cannot open the com port in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using the program STM32Flasher from this link: FLASHER-STM32 - STM32 Flash loader demonstrator (UM0462) (replaced by STM32CubeProgrammer) -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 3DPiper, May 4, 2021.

1. 3DPiper Win User

Cannot open the com port

I am using the program STM32Flasher from this link: FLASHER-STM32 - STM32 Flash loader demonstrator (UM0462) (replaced by STM32CubeProgrammer) - STMicroelectronics When I run it, it correctly finds the only used com port. But when I click Next, I always get the error "cannot open the com port, the port may be used by another application' THis is from a clean boot, how do I see what else is using the port? In the device manager it is the only listed com port

:)

3DPiper, May 4, 2021
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Cannot open the com port [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, May 4, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Port is being blocked

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

Upon researching, this seems like an issue due to the port scan. You may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Login to your Netgear
      NX6200 Extender GUI
    • Click on Advanced tab and choose
      WAN Setup
    • Check the box for Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection.
    • Allow it to update and check if the port is still being blocked.

However, if the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    equipped with knowledge on port forwarding.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 4, 2021
  4. Cannot open the com port

ISP Blocking Port Forwarding Conspiracy???

I've come across a few posts that suggest that some cannot open/forward ports from their modem. It's been suggested that it's a direct result of ISPs trying to crack down on torrenting. However, I am not sure how true this is. Is there a way to test this? Is there a way to see if a port is forward on your modem if it's open or not?

EastCoasthandle, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Cannot open the com port

1. Cannot open the com port - Similar Threads - Cannot open com

2. COM port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM port: I am using window 10, I tried to communicate with arduino mega 2560 by grbl controller. its connected but not active some times its active. why it happened. I tried many times I thoiught the com port service is inturupted by itself?...
  3. COM ports

COM ports: Where are the COM ports on windows 11? Looked through device manager and couldnt find any. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/e9069c14-9696-4ac5-99df-a5a67079048a
  4. com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    com ports: How do I clear in use com ports in win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/13a6b2f9-f52d-467c-a680-4bfa363a639f
  5. Open com ports

Open com ports: I just purchased a Microsoft Surface To Go 2 and the program that I have installed asks the following to be done. 1. Open com ports. It says that windows 10 uses 2 com ports for bluetooth. 2. Set power option to "high performance". I need help in accomplishing this....
  6. Com Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Com Port: My Com 3 Port was working fine and I now plugged in a device and I see 2- Com 2 ports and 1- Com 2 port, none of which are connecting to my device? How can I reinstall the Com 3 port driver if I delete the current one can I still download it>...
  7. Can't Open Com Port

Can't Open Com Port: I am running into an issue with multiple hardware devices and multiple applications when I try to connect to a USB device, Like a USB to serial converter, applications show com port in use or can't open com port, the work around I have found is to connect to the devices...
  8. Com ports

Com ports: Whenever I try to use serial communation I get an error code #12. The message is I don't have enough room for the com port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/2cc86c83-2c30-4ef6-b30b-32cbe6508edb
  9. Com Ports

Com Ports: I'm having a problem with com port #5. It gives me a yellow sign with a quote. Whats happening is when I try to make changes to To my Mitsubishi GX 2000 software program for PLC logic controllers it tells me I have a problem with my comm port. I don't think I'm using a comm...
  10. Com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    Com ports: Where do I find the com port's that are assigned to a device that is connected with Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/1ebde4c0-a50f-4066-aaf1-ef4c7399ebe7