Windows 10: Cannot Open Turbo Tax with Adobe Acrobat on Desktop

Discus and support Cannot Open Turbo Tax with Adobe Acrobat on Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I completed 2018 taxes using Turbo Tax on my laptop. The tax file was saved as Turbo Tax Document "TurboTax 2018 Document(.tax2018)" and opens with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArnLiz, May 14, 2019.

1. ArnLiz Win User

Cannot Open Turbo Tax with Adobe Acrobat on Desktop

I completed 2018 taxes using Turbo Tax on my laptop. The tax file was saved as Turbo Tax Document "TurboTax 2018 Document(.tax2018)" and opens with Turbo Tax. I copied that file to a disk to transfer to my desktop. The file type is changed to a Tax File "Tax 2018 File(.tax2018)" and opens with Adobe Acrobat Reader! Unfortunately, Adobe Acrobat will not open the file. I tried to change the app that opens (.tax2018) files but Turbo Tax does not appear as an available app?

:)

ArnLiz, May 14, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Turbo tax will not open

Hi Max,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with using
    turbo tax 2015. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue may occur if the turbo tax 2015
    is corrupt.

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may have to uninstall and re-install the
    turbo tax 2015. Check if it helps.

To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      turbo tax 2015 and click on Uninstall.
    Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    turbo tax 2015 before uninstalling it.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 14, 2019
  3. Tom--YY Win User
    Turbo Tax program will not open

I have Windows 10 and I used Turbo Tax 2015 for my taxes. I last used it in April 2016. When I tried to open it today (August), it would not open. I tried the compatibility assistant and none of the suggestions worked. I contacted Turbo Tax and was advised
    to uninstall and re-install the 2015 Turbo Tax program. Did it and it also did not work. I do not know what has changed since April, but the only new program I installed several months ago was Super AntiSpyware Professional. Disabled that and it still does
    not work.

Any ideas what I need to do.

Thanks

Tom--YY, May 14, 2019
  4. Cannot Open Turbo Tax with Adobe Acrobat on Desktop

Turbo tax will not open

I had to use the restoring function in windows 10 to use the apps function. After restoring, I could not open turbo tax 2015. It stated invalid signature. There are two arrows pointing to each other on the icon. I hate to uninstall turbo tax 2015 and reinstall.
    I have almost completed my tax return.

MaxStaples, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Open Turbo Tax with Adobe Acrobat on Desktop

1. Cannot Open Turbo Tax with Adobe Acrobat on Desktop - Similar Threads - Cannot Open Turbo

2. adobe acrobat files cannot be opened why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adobe acrobat files cannot be opened why: adobe acrobat reader is not working that pdf files are not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-files-cannot-be-opened-why/fb1ecfe9-c84a-44e7-b29c-fda2147bc2ef
  3. adobe acrobat files cannot be opened why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adobe acrobat files cannot be opened why: adobe acrobat reader is not working that pdf files are not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-files-cannot-be-opened-why/fb1ecfe9-c84a-44e7-b29c-fda2147bc2ef
  4. Cannot Install Turbo Tax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Install Turbo Tax: I am trying to install Turbo Tax on my Computer but once it reahces to stage to write to program files x286 it tells me that It seems that there is a setting in windows that prevenst this from writing to this folder and I cannot figure out what it is...
  5. Cannot Install Turbo Tax

Cannot Install Turbo Tax: I am trying to install Turbo Tax on my Computer but once it reahces to stage to write to program files x286 it tells me that It seems that there is a setting in windows that prevenst this from writing to this folder and I cannot figure out what it is...
  6. Cannot Install Turbo Tax

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. adobe acrobat will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adobe acrobat will not open: adobe acrobat runs in administrator profile, but not my regular windows profile. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-will-not-open/6dde41dc-3586-4ed6-8f29-26bbf36d0555
  8. adobe acrobat will not open

adobe acrobat will not open: adobe acrobat runs in administrator profile, but not my regular windows profile. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-will-not-open/6dde41dc-3586-4ed6-8f29-26bbf36d0555
  9. Turbo Tax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turbo Tax: I purchased the Turbo Tax program, received the download however when I attempted to open I received a message regarding taking my laptop out of S mode. I am not comfortable doing this, has anyone experienced this issue? If so how did you handle? Is there another Turbo Tax...
  10. Turbo Tax

Turbo Tax: I purchased the Turbo Tax program, received the download however when I attempted to open I received a message regarding taking my laptop out of S mode. I am not comfortable doing this, has anyone experienced this issue? If so how did you handle? Is there another Turbo Tax...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .tax2018 file

2. open turbo tax 2018

3. do i need adobe acrobat for turbotax

4. tax2018 file