Windows 10: Cannot open Virus and Threat Protection MISSING and reg.exe INSTANTLY CLOSES

Discus and support Cannot open Virus and Threat Protection MISSING and reg.exe INSTANTLY CLOSES in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unable-to-access-virus-and-threat-protection/49db366c-be2b-4d80-b6c7-699dd065ec12?page=2&rtAction=... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AceAguilar, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Cannot open Virus and Threat Protection MISSING and reg.exe INSTANTLY CLOSES

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...c7-699dd065ec12?page=2&rtAction=1593468106209

Hi, I have similar problem refer to the link above after uninstalling Norton Security Ultra pre-downloaded from my laptop. I am currently using Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43 running on Windows 10 Home

As I've read the whole thread, one thing I've noticed is that:
    reg.exe automatically closes.

I have also tried downloading the Norton Remove n' Reinstall Remove only option.

My problem still persists, I wish to disable the Real-time protection msmpeng.exe which eats unusually large memory ranging from 80-150 MB.
    I have considered downloading Malwarebytes and do the according steps, as well as downloading Microsoft Safety Scanner. Both showed no detection of any unwanted programs or any suspicious files.

Before anything else, I've done a system restore on my laptop just a month ago due to SrtTrail.txt BSOD. I believe Norton Security Ultra causes this problem that I have. My laptop is strictly used for school and casual gaming. All games are downloaded through Steam and school files are done through Microsoft Office tools Word, PowerPoint, Excel.

:)

AceAguilar, Jun 29, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Jun 29, 2020
  3. JCH54 Win User
    virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Cannot open Virus and Threat Protection MISSING and reg.exe INSTANTLY CLOSES

virus and threat protection

"Your Virus & Threat Protection is Managed by your Organization" message is displayed in red when i open virus and threat protection in windows defender please help me resolve this problem also i do not have any other antivirus program on my laptop.

ashutoshkaushal25, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open Virus and Threat Protection MISSING and reg.exe INSTANTLY CLOSES

1. Cannot open Virus and Threat Protection MISSING and reg.exe INSTANTLY CLOSES - Similar Threads - Cannot open Virus

2. Virus and Threat Protection missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat Protection missing: After uninstalling the preinstalled McAfee, the Windows Defender antivirus did not turn on automatically. Then I searched for the solution on the Internet but did not find the answer. Then, I installed Avast in the Microsoft Store and later uninstalled it. Then, there is a...
  3. Virus and Threat Protection missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and Threat Protection missing: After uninstalling the preinstalled McAfee, the Windows Defender antivirus did not turn on automatically. Then I searched for the solution on the Internet but did not find the answer. Then, I installed Avast in the Microsoft Store and later uninstalled it. Then, there is a...
  4. Virus and Threat Protection not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and Threat Protection not opening: Hello. I've had this issue for the last couple of days where every time I try to open `Virus and Threat Protection` it instantly closes. This is only happening for Virus and Threat Protection and all of the other apps work fine. Basically what happens is I double click on the...
  5. The virus and threat protection is missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The virus and threat protection is missing: Just realized the 'virus and threat protection' tab is missing from the Windows Security. I tried almost all the possible solution for this problem, but none of them work. [ATTACH]...
  6. Virus Threat Protection Missing

Virus Threat Protection Missing: My Virus Threat Protection is Missing i can't even fix it, i tried many ways including Regedit,Cmd, and WindowsPowershell yet it isn't working * Moved from Win 10/Security...
  7. Virus Threat Protection Missing

Virus Threat Protection Missing: My Virus Threat Protection is Missing i can't even fix it, i tried many ways including Regedit,Cmd, and WindowsPowershell yet it isn't working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-missing/6535ea90-000a-4d7f-bd87-33970e56b3a0
  8. Cannot Open Virus and Threat Protection

Cannot Open Virus and Threat Protection: Hi today my pc randomly restarted and then i couldn’t open windows virus and threat protection.I also dont have admin rights and I cant reset my pc.I literally can’t get rid of it by resetting my pc. Please if anyone can help me please let me know. [Original Title: Virus...
  9. Virus and Threat Protection Missing

Virus and Threat Protection Missing: A friend told me that they had picked up a virus from a website we were both using a few weeks ago, so I should do a scan to check for any viruses. When I looked for the Virus and Threat Protection setting, it was missing from its usual location, therefore I couldn't do a...
  10. Virus and Threat Protection Missing

Virus and Threat Protection Missing: Hello, Hopefully this is in the right section of the forum. As in the title, the option for virus and threat protection is not available in windows security. When I type it into my search bar, it appears and I am able to click it. However, it tells me "Your IT...