Windows 10: Cannot open WiFi sign page on my laptop but yet on my phone.

Discus and support Cannot open WiFi sign page on my laptop but yet on my phone. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to sign into my xfinity wifi on my laptop, but it says that the ip could not be found. I can connect on my phone completely fine with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SethToth, Sep 15, 2020.

1. SethToth Win User

Cannot open WiFi sign page on my laptop but yet on my phone.

I am trying to sign into my xfinity wifi on my laptop, but it says that the ip could not be found. I can connect on my phone completely fine with no problems.

:)

SethToth, Sep 15, 2020
  2. francis Win User

using mob phone connected to i/net via public wifi to connect laptop

Hi, recently purchased new laptop with windows 10 installed. I currently use public/open wifi connection to connect to the internet for non private surfing (private matters dealt with via payg dongle). However, this open wifi connection can be erratic (whereas previous laptop running windows 7 connected as and when requested). Once connected, it is faultless and speedy enough for my needs. I have also marked this connection as ‘automatic’.
    I know that it is not the signal strength, it is simply the initial connection, with which my new laptop seems to struggle with! My screen shows all available networks so is picking up all correct signals. When I click ‘connect’ it will go through the motions for approx 2-3 seconds and then say ‘unable to connect to this network’ and other times, it will say ‘connecting’ and will go through these motions, and will continue to say ‘connecting’ for 15 minutes and longer or until I get sick of waiting!
    On the occasions when it does finally ‘connect’, it will begin with a message in the ‘action centre’ saying ‘click on message to connect to open wifi’-it will then go to the open/public wifi homepage and connect-from thereon, I am fine.
    Why won’t my laptop connect as easily to open wifi as last machine did on windows 7, and why does it continually say ‘unable to connect to internet’ or remain in ‘connecting’ mode?
    A further query I have (apologies) is when my laptop refuses to connect to internet as above, my mobile phone connects to the open wifi easily so I certainly know that it is not the distance that is in question, or the strength of signal-bearing this in mind, is it possible to connect my laptop and mobile phone via usb and possible to use my phone when it is connected to the open wifi source to connect my laptop to internet via this route? If so, would somebody give me step by step instructions to connect this way, please. The phone I currently have is a 3g sony xperia mini pro (which I am sure you can gather I have had for few years now!)
    Many thanks for all replies and all assistance is gratefully received.

francis, Sep 15, 2020
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Cannot open WiFi sign page on my laptop but yet on my phone.

Internet pages won't load but WiFi connected

Hi,

I have a week old computer that was working fine up until this afternoon. It won't load any Internet pages or sign in to any Internet based apps. It's an hp laptop with Windows 10. It says it's connected to WiFi and all the cell phones in the house are working
    fine on the WiFi. Any suggestions? I have tred restarting both laptop and moderm, as well afternoons a bunch of other things after researching with no lucky.

Please help

Thanks

LeighMcDonald, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Cannot open WiFi sign page on my laptop but yet on my phone.

1. Cannot open WiFi sign page on my laptop but yet on my phone. - Similar Threads - Cannot open WiFi

2. My laptop opens but is stuck on recovery page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop opens but is stuck on recovery page: My laptop opens but it’s stuck on a recovery page and says “the application or operating system couldn’t be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.”...
  3. My laptop opens but is stuck on recovery page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop opens but is stuck on recovery page: My laptop opens but it’s stuck on a recovery page and says “the application or operating system couldn’t be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.”...
  4. My laptop opens but is stuck on recovery page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I cannot reconnect my Android Phone to my Laptop With Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot reconnect my Android Phone to my Laptop With Phone Link: Hello,I haven't been using Phone Link in a while. However, today I couldn't submit a photo from phone to laptop because every time to reconnect the two with the app. I look into the phone app and see that the computer is disconnected. I did also look at my battery on my phone...
  6. opening my phone app on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    opening my phone app on my laptop: I cant open my phone app on my laptop using the "link to windows" instructions on my phone. my goal is to connect my phone to my laptop so that I can access my new photos from my phone automatically. What am I missing, any suggestions would be much appreciated!...
  7. WIFI sign in page won't prompt open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WIFI sign in page won't prompt open: i just moved into a new place so my internet won't be installed until a few more days, for the past few days i've been using a family member's optimum info since there's an optimum spot here and it's been working like normal and just prompting open and i sign in i'm good to...
  8. I cannot sign into my laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot sign into my laptop.: I updated the drivers on my hp laptop. I am using Windows 10 OS. When I restarted the laptop I now just get the homescreen picture showing time and date on the left and the WiFi and battery condition icons on the bottom right. There is nothing else. There is no cursor and the...
  9. My laptop cannot detect WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop cannot detect WiFi: My laptop will randomly sometimes just cannot detect wifi. I ran the trouble shooter and it didn’t work. I tried network reset and that didn’t work either. Is there anyway to fix this?...
  10. I cannot sign into my laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot sign into my laptop.: I cannot sign in my notebook book using the password bc it stopped working. The only option I have to sign in is the fingerprint, which usualy works just fine. However, I had a wet finger and the figerprint option is "blocked" now for too many tries. .The login screen wants...