Windows 10: Cannot open Windows Live Mail after update to Win10 Version 20H2

Discus and support Cannot open Windows Live Mail after update to Win10 Version 20H2 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just updated to Version 20H2 and had a couple of problems. The first was solved by a group member, and I'm hoping someone else can help with this one.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Electrojim, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Cannot open Windows Live Mail after update to Win10 Version 20H2

Just updated to Version 20H2 and had a couple of problems. The first was solved by a group member, and I'm hoping someone else can help with this one.

I'm running Windows Live Mail (I know, I know, it's old and unsupported, but I like it), which has run just fine under Win10 until now. When I try to open it I get this nasty note:

Cannot open Windows Live Mail after update to Win10 Version 20H2 [​IMG]

...and, of course, have no idea what to do next. As for the Calendar associated with WLM, I have never even used it. So if there's some way to purge 'corrupt' data from its folder, I can certainly afford to do that. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Well, took my wife's advice and rebooted the computer. Then when I opened WLM, I got a Windows Installer notice saying it was 'installing components' or some-such. Now the program opens, all folders can be read, but two out of the three POP/SMTP accounts will not send or receive. The one that does is a Microsoft 'Hotmail' account, but a gMail and another account associated with my work just fail to connect for an 'unknown reason,' according to WLM. Any hints are welcome.

:)

Electrojim, Jan 17, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Cannot open Windows Live Mail after update to Win10 Version 20H2

Windows Live Mail Calendar

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows Live Mail. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know a few information:

• Which version of Windows Essentials have you installed on your PC?

• Which Email domain did you configure with Windows Live Mail?

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

Repair Windows Live Mail

Refer to the steps mentioned below:

• Press Windows Key + R

• Type appwiz.cpl

• Right click Windows Live Essentials

• Click Uninstall/Change

• Click Repair all Windows Live Programs
    If the issue still persists, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Remove and Reinstall Windows Live Mail referring to the link mentioned below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/938275

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help

Ankit Rajput, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Cannot open Windows Live Mail after update to Win10 Version 20H2

1. Cannot open Windows Live Mail after update to Win10 Version 20H2 - Similar Threads - Cannot open Live

2. Cannot Update to Windows 10 version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Update to Windows 10 version 20H2: Split from this thread.Hi, please can you write me simple steps on how to clone C drive? to a USB with ample free space to be able to update the PC to 20H2. I find myself keep going circle that it only manages to update a bit of 20H2 about 17% then starts undoing all the...
  3. problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2

problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2: I updated my laptop to Windows 10 version 20h2 2 days ago. Initially I was thrilled with how it was performing. This morning I had difficulty starting up the pc and had many problems opening Firefox and Thunderbird. With task manager open I tried to open Thunderbird. Got...
  4. After updating to Win10 version 20H2 I cannot HOME NETWORK my Desktop & Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After updating to Win10 version 20H2 I cannot HOME NETWORK my Desktop & Laptop: This is a NEW problem following my updating my Desktop & Laptop to version 20H2. I have for years NETWORKED & shifted hundreds of files / many directories from my FINAL VERSION IS ALWAYS ON THE DESKTOP to mobile clones on my Laptop. Now I cannot see my two PCs on the...
  5. Live mail after the update

Live mail after the update: After the last update windows live mail stopped working, I applied the fix of adding the 3 dword entries to the registry, that took care of the problem of sending and receiving mail. However it did not fix the issue of my existing mail before the update, the contents of...
  6. Cannot Update to Version 20H2

Cannot Update to Version 20H2: I tried updating, but it after it said installing 100%, it restarted and said [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-to-version-20h2/bec646d4-d975-45e8-b8b0-9c3e12e6a93d
  7. I cannot open my windows live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot open my windows live mail: After downloading the windows update a couple weeks ago I can no longer open my windows live mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-my-windows-live-mail/b5ce20f8-6277-47ec-8ace-72b95e385912
  8. Control opening mail in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control opening mail in Windows Live Mail: I upgraded to Windows 10. I use Windows Live Mail. When I open a message, it is opening a tab in Chrome instead of just opening the message w/o using a Windows IE type of message display. AND, when I close the message it is automatically opening the next message instead of...
  9. Locate Windows Live mail version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locate Windows Live mail version: Still using WLN 2012 but not sure of the version I have. We are using Windows 10 home, and had a system crash in May 2019 and the tech installed Windows Essential 2012 so we could retrieve some of the email. I checked the internet and the two different thing they suggested...
  10. Cannot open jpeg in Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open jpeg in Live Mail: Hi - I can send photo's to people but when they send them back to me all I get is e.g.-[cid:image001.jpg@01CFF1EB.6E952370] & I'm unable to open them - I use Windows Live Mail & OS is Windows 10 Can anyone help ? 23050

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you install windows live essentials 2012 on windows 10 20h2 64 bit